We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit


iglimpse Avatar
6y, 1m agoPosted 6 years, 1 month ago
Relative died recently. We discovered some highly entertaining and sentimental family videos that he took, long forgotten.

I would love to get these upgraded onto a more suitable format so that they last longer and I can hopefully make copies and share with others.

Is DVD the best option to go for ? Are there companies that offer this service. Is it expensive for just 4-6 videos ?

I am not too techy and don't want to purchase expensive equipment for only a couple of uses.

Any help appreciated guys
iglimpse Avatar
6y, 1m agoPosted 6 years, 1 month ago

All Comments

(4) Jump to unreadPost a comment
1 Like #1
ebay item number - 220693518750
Something like that will do the job. Just search for "dazzle" in that ^ catagorey.
Do it yourself. Saves you paying postage and someone else to do it. That above or similar, a few blank disks, less than £15 all in :)

Edited By: rehydrated on Nov 08, 2010 09:02: .
Anything that has to be plugged into the PC can have problems and once on the PC you will have to encode the video file and transfer it to DVD . So, you have to have software as well as a DVD writer .Other problems related to this can be video/audio being out of sync , very common with some USB devices especially ones like EasyCap and others ,although the Dazzle device may not suffer from this . The easiest way is to link the video player to a HDD/DVD recorder and record onto Hard Drive or DVD . I use a LiteOn model . I can transfer the video to the built in HDD then run multiple copys off onto DVD . I can do some basic editing but cannot add soundtrack , overlays and titles as you can using a PC .If I can find time I could have done this for you ,as I've done quite a few , even from camcorder tapes .
1 Like #3

You need a Easycap USB 2.0 Video TV DVD VHS Audio Capture Adapter £2.99 + £1.99 delivery and a video player.

Make sure you get one with disc.

ebay Item number: 230473916177

Don't go paying big money for Capture Adapters they all do the same thing.

Edited By: Ascot on Nov 08, 2010 14:31: added
banned 1 Like #4
DO NOT SEND AWAY. Can get lost or even the person doing it some how wipes the tapes. Learn to do it yourself. I use the dazzle usb device works a charm.

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!