TV news - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

TV news

Leer Avatar
7y, 7m agoPosted 7 years, 7 months ago
A mass shakeup on the set of Hollyoaks has left cast members on tenterhooks amid reports that ten characters are facing the axe.
The reduction will begin in April and run until October as contracts run out, says The News Of The World.
Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox) and Chris Fountain (Justin Burton) have already announced that they are quitting the show next month. However, no other characters have been named, leaving an icy feeling on set.
"It's a nightmare. Everyone's character is under scrutiny and there will be around ten changes so a lot of people are looking over their shoulders," a cast member said.
The changes are planned by producer Lucy Allan, who wants to make the show more gripping.
A source said: "Everyones keeping their head down and doing their best in the hope theyll be saved from the chop."
A spokesman for the show said the shakeup should not be viewed as "cutbacks". "The nature of the show is that people come and go," he said.

Cat Deeley has been approached to take over as the host of Hell's Kitchen, a report claims.
The TV presenter, who currently fronts So You Think You Can Dance in the US, has apparently entered talks with producers following their decision to axe previous host Angus Deayton.
A source told The Mail On Sunday: "Cat is really excited about the chance to present such a big programme, even if it means she has to leave America for a few months.
"She knows how popular and successful Hell's Kitchen is and she thinks this could really be the show that makes her an even bigger name. There are meetings going on right now so an announcement will be made pretty imminently."
Deayton was dropped from the ITV1 cookery show last month. It has been claimed that the decision was made following a series of bust-ups between the host and chef Marco Pierre White on the last series.

EastEnders' executive producer Diederick Santer has confirmed that the show is facing budget cuts due to the credit crunch.
Reports suggest that the Walford-based soap must slash costs by £2.5 million under a new five-year plan which has been implemented by the BBC.
According to The People, the show's chiefs have been instructed to avoid shooting scenes on-location and cut back on the use of explosions and other stunts in storylines.
"We have been told to save five per cent over five years," Santer told the newspaper. "We are trying to save where we can."
He added: "We hope talent won't suffer."
The newspaper also claims that a move to Buckinghamshire's Pinewood Studios is on the cards once the BBC sells the current Elstree set.
A BBC spokesperson insisted: "Every programme has to make savings, but viewers can be assured that every effort goes into making sure they are still exciting and high quality."

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh is considering quitting the show to make a fresh start in the US, according to a report.
The actress, who plays Michelle Connor on the ITV1 soap, is said to be making plans for her long-term future following the sad loss of her premature baby Archie last month.
Marsh's partner Jamie Lomas announced that he is quitting his role as Warren Fox in Hollyoaks earlier this week. He is now expected to search for acting work in Hollywood.
A source told The People: "Kym is contracted to Coronation Street until next year so she couldn't feasibly quit until then and wouldn't want to either.
"But the chance to start a new career in Los Angeles might be just what she needs after losing the baby.
"The tragedy has brought Kym and Jamie closer together. And if he does get a job in America, it would make sense, given the interest in her, for Kym to get work there too."
However, a Coronation Street spokesman insisted: "Kym is 100% committed to the show. She has no plans to look for work in America or to live there."

Dermot O'Leary has been told that he is facing a 10% pay cut on The X Factor this year, according to a report.
The show's host was apparently paid £1 million for his work on last year's series, but is expected to sign a new contract for the lower amount of £900,000 within the next few weeks.
A source told the News Of The World: "Dermot's very likely to be back but he hasn't signed his contract yet because he's still in negotiations."
Rumours that O'Leary would face a salary cut first emerged last week following the news that ITV is planning a series of cost-cutting measures.
The presenter joined the ITV1 talent show in 2007 as a replacement for Kate Thornton, who was axed by Simon Cowell.
Leer Avatar
7y, 7m agoPosted 7 years, 7 months ago

All Comments

(0) Jump to unreadPost a comment

No comments yet.

Be the first, enter your comment below.

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!