uPVC window fitting question - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

uPVC window fitting question

alternate Avatar
7y, 2m agoPosted 7 years, 2 months ago
Replacing the glass in a uPVC frame there is a sticky black rubber like tape between the frame and the glass that forms a seal. This is compromised - do you know what it is called and where can I buy some, either real shops or on the 'net?

alternate Avatar
7y, 2m agoPosted 7 years, 2 months ago

All Comments

(6) Jump to unreadPost a comment
I had the same problem and replaced it with Gaffer Tape. You can get this from B&Q where it might be called Elephant tape. It is basically the same stuff used by doubleglazing firms and is waterproof. I'm thinking you have the old 19mm double glazing too.

I don't think so, the security tape is usually thinner than that, it is basically waterproof double sided tape.
its anti theft tape for windows glazed from the outside usually on the ground floor. you need to replace it with the same to stall burglars, (takes about ten minutes to remove glass) you can find it in most trade window centres. if you use gaffer tape your glass could be removed in about 15 seconds by a burglar! hope that helps.
I don't think it is security tape I want - this is thicker and not that sticky - I think it is just to seal it. Goes between the inside frame and the glass. The plastic surround on the outside locks with an allen key - which I assume is to stop the glass lifting straight out.

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!