wasp or bee sting to a cat - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HotUKDeals, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HotUKDeals app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

wasp or bee sting to a cat

£0.00 @
hi all has anyone had a cat that has been stung by a wasp or a bee?? Read More
bellows Avatar
8y, 1m agoPosted 8 years, 1 month ago
hi all has anyone had a cat that has been stung by a wasp or a bee??
bellows Avatar
8y, 1m agoPosted 8 years, 1 month ago
Options

All Comments

(19) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
[mod]#1
Several times when they've caught one in the garden. Mouth swells up, feel sorry for themselves for 30 mins and then goes back to chasing them round the garden. :roll: lol
#2
No but you put vinegar on wasp stings and bi-carb in water on bee stings in humans
#3
our one year old cat was chasing wasps yesterday. Luckily he didnt get stung but its only a matter of time. I'm worried about if he gets stung in the mouth because he tries to bite them!
#4
Where has it been stung. Might need a vet.

A little while back I was reading lots of stuff about honey. Something I read suggested that honey might actually be good for bee stings. Apparently when bears seek honey thay are prepared tp get stung and the honey effect then neutralises the sting. I am not a bear so cannot comment but might be something to it.
#5
not even sure if she has been stung just found her in the bathroom stalking it i hate all bees and wasps i run miles if one comes near me but managed to catch it with my bug catcher and put it outside
#6
Don't they usually die after they have used their sting ,seem to have heard that somewhere .
The wasp or bee I mean not the cat
#7
jeany123
Don't they usually die after they have used their sting ,seem to have heard that somewhere .
The wasp or bee I mean not the cat


i think its only some bees that die
#8
bellows
not even sure if she has been stung just found her in the bathroom stalking it i hate all bees and wasps i run miles if one comes near me but managed to catch it with my bug catcher and put it outside


Haven't you seen Bee movie lol
banned#9
jeany123
Don't they usually die after they have used their sting ,seem to have heard that somewhere .
The wasp or bee I mean not the cat


Bees die - (the sting is ripped out of them and left in the victim often and continues to pump the venom detached!). Wasps just carry on stinging as many times as they like.
#10
no cats been stung but my Ass got stung by one last year:oops:
#11
my dog eats every bee and wasp he can catch. if he's been stung, he doesnt let on lol.

Also a bee can live if you are prepared to hold still while it works itself out, or help it by gently removing it. Most people flick them off etc and the sting comes out and they die.
#12
harlzter
no cats been stung but my Ass got stung by one last year:oops:


hee hee when i was younger i sat on a nest in my nans backgarden
#13
shanecr
my dog eats every bee and wasp he can catch. if he's been stung, he doesnt let on lol.

Also a bee can live if you are prepared to hold still while it works itself out, or help it by gently removing it. Most people flick them off etc and the sting comes out and they die.


You are either dead brave or an idiot. If a bee had stung me once, I guess it must have been annoyed in some way. Personally I wouldnt want it to have another go at me if I saved its life. :w00t:
#14
WoolyM
You are either dead brave or an idiot. If a bee had stung me once, I guess it must have been annoyed in some way. Personally I wouldnt want it to have another go at me if I saved its life. :w00t:


personally ive not been stung by one, i try not to flap like a muppet when one flies past lol.They only sting when they feel threatened :-D
#15
shanecr
my dog eats every bee and wasp he can catch. if he's been stung, he doesnt let on lol.

Also a bee can live if you are prepared to hold still while it works itself out, or help it by gently removing it. Most people flick them off etc and the sting comes out and they die.


I think I would flick it off if i'd been stung the last thing I would think of doing would be to save the bees life LOL
#16
My puppy was stung when it was literally only about a month old and we had to take it to the vets, as the poor thing cried for ages and was completely swollen.

I was stung a few months ago when I was sitting on the toilet...it didn't hurt as much as when I was a kid, as I just felt a weird twinge and just flicked it off after I noticed it was hanging in my leg. :giggle:
#17
Some of the smaller cats or oriental variety (Siamese, Burmese, Tonkinese etc) and kittens DO need vets anasthetic for bee OR wasp stings.....

It isn't nice at all......
Fortunately, the anti histamine and pain killer isn't too expensive, you may find a PDSA etc local ish to you that will dispense this if you think it is needed.

Happy to help if needed.

xxxxxx

Purrrrrrrr.
#18
Yeah my stupid cat used to catch them and then dap them with his paw until one day his paw swelled up to like twice the size of the other :thumbsup:

Took him to vets but swelling went down on its own in the end within a day or two.
#19
my dogs get stung all the time trying to eat them lol
they swell up and i give them an anti histamine

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!