This is a long one ! 39 questions .... good luck
I will post answers tonight while the footie is on :-)
Wednesday sports quiz (39 questions)
1) What is the maximum score for a single game in 10-pin bowling?
2) Who were the first British football team to win the European cup?
3) Which footballer scored the first ever goal in the English Premiership?
4) Which British football team won the European Cup in 1968?
5) What kind of sport is the game of futsal?
6) Which of the following football teams won the World Cup before the other two? England, Italy or France?
7) With which sport would you associate Tony Drago?
8) In which Scottish city are Partick Thistle football club based?
9) In feet and inches, how far should the centre of dartboard be from the floor?
10) What sport features in the Stella Artois tournament?
11) How long is a hockey pitch? 60 yards, 80 yards or 100 yards?
12) How is the sport of tauromachy better known?
13) Which european country reached the quarter finals of the 1990 soccer World Cup without winning a match?
14) Which swimming stroke was not introduced into the Olympics until 1956?
15) At which venue is the Scottish Cup Final traditionally played?
16) What three words, when separated by commas make up the motto of the Olympic games?
17) In inches what is the diameter of a standard dartboard?
18) In which sport are there defensive positions called prime, tierce and octave?
19) What is the name of the sport which combines cross-country skiing and rifle marksmanship?
20) In which country did the second football World Cup take place in 1934?
21) How many penalty strokes are added for a lost ball in golf?
22) Peter Shilton played his 1000th league game with which club?
23) In which sport would you go to a basho?
24) In which city were the 1996 Olympic Games held?
25) Excluding the ball (which has a core made from cork), how many pieces of wooden equipment are necessary for a game of cricket?
26) Which city will host the 2004 Summer Olympics?
27) In 2004, Arsenal became only the second team to go a whole season in the top division unbeaten. Who were the first?
28) What nationality was the 1962 Formula One World Drivers Championship winner Graham Hill?
29) Which of the following is not a proper football team? Bristol Rovers, Crystal Palace or Macclesfield Harriers?
30) Which two English league football clubs play at St James Park?
31) Which football team were the subject of the 1984 song `The Boys In Blue`?
32) The first ever Commonwealth games were held in which country?
33) Which of the following is not a formation in football? 4-4-2, 4-5-3 or 3-5-2?
34) Which of the following is not a proper football team? Brechin City, Airdrie City or Elgin City?
35) The volume of a golf ball is approximately equal to how many cubic centimeters? 8, 22 or 40?
36)What was Muhammed Ali`s name before he changed it?
37) From which football club did Blackburn Rovers buy Alan Shearer?
38) How many players make up a team in Gaelic football?
39) In 2003, which team did Arsenal lose 2-1 to, resulting in their exit from the European Champions League?
ANSWERS ARE ON THE LAST POST