Why does the average Joe think Putin is demon spawn?
I must say the more i learn about him, the more respect i have for the man. Am I wrong? Or does everyone just go with the status quo?
A quick search brought up this:https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Vladimir-Putin-regarded-as-a-bad-guy
This is not a difficult question to answer. Putin has been demonized in the American corporate media because:
1. He rejected the advice of the World Bank and IMF. He was successful with state-centered economic growth that took a third world country and restored it to great power status in 5 years.
2. American oil corporations want access to Russia’s resources. Putin has them tightly under semi-private, semi-national control.
3. He’s building a new trading bloc with Kazakhstan and China. It also includes Iran, Armenia, Belarus and today, Turkey. He’s dumping the dollar.
4. He doesn’t believe in liberalism (in all senses of that term).
5. He is the victim of the neurotic projection of failed western leaders. He’s everything they’re not: popular, successful, free. He’s not beholden to corporate interests, he’s more powerful than they are.
6. He speaks the truth about global affairs from 9–11 to GMOs.
7. He refuses to support Israel or Zionism.
Don’t underestimate #5. My book on Putin goes into some detail there. When one compares Putin to Bush or Obama, there is a stark difference. Putin is immensely popular in Russia and even parts of Ukraine. Obama would kill for Putin’s ratings. Hillary already has. The western system is an oligarchy, serving only the wealthy. Belarus and Russia since 2000 have a far more rational economy where the state is stronger than corporate interests. When Putin can march into a factory and order scumbag billionaire Oleg Depraska to sign a contract that labor favored, you know what politics is about. Western leaders wish they could do that.