PLEASE CHECK YOU ARE ELIGIBLE BEFORE YOU POST. YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 3 MONTHS AND MADE A MINIMUM OF 500 POSTS, ★OR★ HAVE POSTED 25 DEALS. THANKS.
★★PLEASE CHECK POST #1 TO SEE WHEN GRID WAS LAST UPDATED BEFORE PICKING YOUR NUMBERS★★
★★PLEASE ALL CHECK YOUR ENTRIES AND LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE MISSED ANY. TA.★★
Yup, it's that time of the year again and time to say thanks to everyone here who has kept me entertained for the best part of 7 years. Once again I have left my family bereft of presents in order to satisfy you lot. I have decided to keep it nice and simple again so you don't need to be brainy or smart (Boring? Possibly. Cheat proof? I think so :D). All you have to do is look at the grid in #1 and guess where you think the prizes might be. For example, if you think a prize might be in box 'A1' then guess what? You pick box A1. See? I told you it was easy :)
Each member can have 2 shots at it. Please make your guesses right at the start of your post, like this:
You can comment as much as you like after that, it just makes it easier for me to find the winners.
I will update the grid and cross out the taken boxes as often as I can, but I have to work and sleep so just try to pick ones that haven't already been taken (I will update post #1 every time I update the grid, telling you which #number I have updated the grid to).
In the event of two people picking the same box, the first one to pick it will take the prize. The 2nd one to pick it gets nowt. If you DO realise you have picked a duplicate, you can change it to a vacant one but you MUST edit your original post and let me know so I can update the grid accordingly, but again, not after 9pm on 10th Dec.
A random number generator was used to pick the squares so they could be anywhere.
The prizes you ask? I'm almost too embarrassed to reveal how much I've spent on you reprobates, but here they are (clicky links to prize details in post #1):
(All brand new and sealed)
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
EC Technology® 2nd Gen Deluxe 22400mAh Ultra High Capacity 3 USB Output External Battery
Alcatel One Touch Pop C1 Mobile Smart Phone - Black (on EE but can be unlocked on ebay for about £1.50)
Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphones
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray + UV Copy)
Fawlty Towers - Remastered [DVD] (arguably the funniest TV series of all time)
Braun CruZer 6 Precision 2-in-1 Trimmer With Gillette Skin Care Gift Pack (and? I'm sure someone will find it useful)
30 x 6 packs Cadbury Chomp (1 x 180 prize). Yes, that's right fatty - 180 Chomp bars (kindly donated by Chanchi32 - thanks chinchi)
5 x £3 Amazon gift vouchers
EXTRA PRIZE KINDLY DONATED BY NEtech:Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Avalanche Escape Set (thanks NEtech)
JUST A COUPLE OF RULES (ok, a few):
1. No editing of posts after 9pm on the last day allowed. I want to know that it's all above board. If you pick one that's already gone, then sadly, you're not gonna win - again, just try to check before you post. Any posts edited after 9pm 10/12/14 will be disqualified.
2. As per last year (except that I am again relaxing the minimum requirements a little), I ask that only people with a minimum 3 months membership of HUKD, and who have made at least 500 comments enter please. Members who have posted 25 deals or more may also enter irrespective of how long they have been a member or how many comments they have made. This competition is aimed at regular contributors to HUKD. Hope you understand.
3. A copy of the grid with the prize positions has been deposited with the upstanding fanpages (I hope he doesn't forget where he's put it), who will verify the winners at the end.
4. The competition will end at 10.00pm on WED 10th DECEMBER, or when (if) all the boxes have been picked.
5. DEEKY'S DECISION IS FINAL AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO :D
6. In the event of all the prizes not being won, the nearest to the prize (how many steps to the prize box in any direction, a diagonal being 2 steps, obviously) will win. In the event of a tie for nearest, I'll sort a fair way out to decide the winner.
7. brilly, miikeyblue, bazzamone, transit and markq are the competition Dibble and they are authorised by me to oversee eligibility and generally lob people out if they transgress any rules :D
8. Rules subject to change without notice :D
FINALLY - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
*Competition based on an original idea by sickly sweet © ®