I posted this elsewhere but thought it deserves a mention in its own right.
Working Tax Credit is for people who are employed or self-employed (either on their own or in a partnership), who
* usually work 16 hours or more a week
* are paid for that work, and
* expect to work for at least 4 weeks
and who are
* aged 16 or over and responsible for at least one child, or
* aged 16 or over and disabled, or
* aged 25 or over and usually work at least 30 hours a week
Check here to see if you qualify for a tax credit. Many people don't claim it despite being entitled!
Mines a pint ;)http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx