Almat 21 washes £1.99 (Aldi laundry gel)
433°Expired

Almat 21 washes £1.99 (Aldi laundry gel)

26
Found 16th Mar 2014
Wasn't sure whether to post or not, as this is a new, lower price rather than a deal, but...

Aldi have repackaged their washing gel, and with it reduced the price from £2.19 to £1.99! This is fantastic for 21 washes!

This stuff is brilliant on my baby's clothes (deals with poo breaches, milky possets, the works!)*

*there was a time, pre-baby when I had a life! I now get excited by cheap washing liquid, being able to line dry clothes again, and fluffy kittens!!!

26 Comments

I thought you were going to say fluffy knickers! Heat added
Edited by: "5426angela" 16th Mar 2014

Original Poster

5426angela

I thought you were going to fluffy knickers! Heat added



Haha! Nah - it's still flabby tummy and granny pants here :-o

If it works then this is a good price! Thanks for letting us know, I never really think of Aldi when it comes to detergent and stuff

Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of what we want with 2 staff whilst the uk supermarkets will charge more for the other 70% and reduce their staff drastically. Then we will have just the very rich able to buy anything and we will be annexed by the Ukraine

TiscaliSurvivor

Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of … Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of what we want with 2 staff whilst the uk supermarkets will charge more for the other 70% and reduce their staff drastically. Then we will have just the very rich able to buy anything and we will be annexed by the Ukraine



Far too heavy for a Sunday morning.

Their gels and softeners are probably the only Aldi stuff that I don't really rate personally. great price though

If your willing to buy and use this one you may as well use the similar product in the pound shop all seem the same to me

herrbz

If it works then this is a good price! Thanks for letting us know, I … If it works then this is a good price! Thanks for letting us know, I never really think of Aldi when it comes to detergent and stuff



We have been using it for a while. No complaints. We add a bit of Lenor fabric conditioner too.

Similar stuff is sold in 99p Stores. Same container, same size, presumably made in the same factory. It's labeled 'Brite' Universal Gel.

Use it all the time and I achieve great results from it. Less than 5p a wash, too.

Paired up with Fairy Fabric Conditioner, also from 99p Stores, and my clothes feel and smell as fresh as if I've just washed them with more premium stuff.
Edited by: "preecey" 16th Mar 2014

TiscaliSurvivor

Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of … Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of what we want with 2 staff whilst the uk supermarkets will charge more for the other 70% and reduce their staff drastically. Then we will have just the very rich able to buy anything and we will be annexed by the Ukraine


Not really understanding this! Big s'markets are suffering from the move to Lidl/Aldi - they still make good profits and Ukraine have enough fending off Russia without more ado

Thank you for posting. I'm a mum of two babies under two so my washers always on, I'll give it a try at that price

TiscaliSurvivor

Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of … Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of what we want with 2 staff whilst the uk supermarkets will charge more for the other 70% and reduce their staff drastically. Then we will have just the very rich able to buy anything and we will be annexed by the Ukraine



Aldi and Lidl sell pretty much everything that I want from a supermarket.

I don't need a choice from a dozen versions of everything.

ive been using this for a while and im converted, i find it good value for money and just as good if not better than named brands.

You don't need to go into disgusting detail, guttermummy.

its decent stuff but i get persil non bio for the same price when its on offer

Original Poster

chadbrad86

You don't need to go into disgusting detail, guttermummy.



If anyone finds chavbrad86's sense of humour, could you kindly arrange for him to be reunited with it? It's possible it left after the frontal lobotomy...

I do love Aldi and we save loads compared to the big supermarkets, but... I wouldn't recommend this gel 100% it's ok for the price and does a standard job but I find it can smell a bit funny and won't work on stubborn stains (made by a manic 2 yr old)
Heat for the find but as someone said earlier, look out for persil/fairy on offer

Banned

allenkj

Aldi and Lidl sell pretty much everything that I want from a … Aldi and Lidl sell pretty much everything that I want from a supermarket.I don't need a choice from a dozen versions of everything.



Choice means you get what you want at a price you want. In supermarkets offers are commonplace with quality brands. Little choice in Aldi and Lidl means you have no choice but to buy their generic cheap substitutes for real brands.

Each to their own though.

Original Poster

hayleighb

Thank you for posting. I'm a mum of two babies under two so my washers … Thank you for posting. I'm a mum of two babies under two so my washers always on, I'll give it a try at that price



The Gel is great (the other almat products aren't as good IMHO). It's won loads of awards, inc Which!

TiscaliSurvivor

Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of … Let's all shop at aldi... That way we will see stores stocking 30% of what we want with 2 staff whilst the uk supermarkets will charge more for the other 70% and reduce their staff drastically. Then we will have just the very rich able to buy anything and we will be annexed by the Ukraine


This model seems to work just fine in Germany. Why should we have to be mathematicians to get the best price in our supermarkets?

trixabel

Choice means you get what you want at a price you want. In supermarkets … Choice means you get what you want at a price you want. In supermarkets offers are commonplace with quality brands. Little choice in Aldi and Lidl means you have no choice but to buy their generic cheap substitutes for real brands. Each to their own though.



I disagree completely with your comments, especially when you say that choice in other supermarkets means you get what you want at a price you want and your comments about quality and real brands. How exactly does that work? Other supermarkets set their own prices, the customer has little to no influence over this, whether it be on a own brand or a named brand item. Aldi and Lidl may not sell as many named brands as some of the other supermarkets, but just because some items may not be a recognisable name to some people that does not mean that its quality is any less than a brand you may recognise. I tend to find after shopping at Aldi for some time now, that the only difference between many items that Aldi sell and the equivalent named brand is nothing to do with quality as the quality is very high, but that the companies behind the branded goods have larger advertising budgets that manage to trick some people into thinking that a name and price always means quality. Hot price and deal.
Edited by: "sadsak" 17th Mar 2014

trixabel

Choice means you get what you want at a price you want. In supermarkets … Choice means you get what you want at a price you want. In supermarkets offers are commonplace with quality brands. Little choice in Aldi and Lidl means you have no choice but to buy their generic cheap substitutes for real brands. Each to their own though.



In a way I agree with you, because it is each to their own. Brands are about snobbery, pure and simple, and I know that snobbery is rife. My family have found most Aldi items to be at least as good as branded products, and sometimes better.

Don't Aldi still sell these, which are cheaper still at 8.5p/wash?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/fileadmin/fm-dam/Customer_Information/Product_Reviews_Awards/Awards/GHI/GHI_PD_4.jpg

Same size thing in other shops for £1

Original Poster

Not the same thing

carperkm

This model seems to work just fine in Germany. Why should we have to be … This model seems to work just fine in Germany. Why should we have to be mathematicians to get the best price in our supermarkets?


It works fine in Germany because all the profits stay in Germany - its a disaster here because all the profits leave here
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text