I found this on another forum, thought I'd share this here...hopefully its not a double post! People on the other forum have tried this to get money back - I haven't yet.
Not many people know this, but Amazon has a price drop policy. If they lower the price on something that youve purchased within the past 30 days, theyll issue a credit (although you have to ask for it).
If you want to check if any of your purchases are eligible for a refund, just follow these simple steps:
1. Visit Your Account and look at all invoices from the past thirty days.
2. Click on the item names to pull up the current item description/price and compare to the price that you paid.
3. If you paid more than the current price, copy down the order number and go to the Return and Refunds Contact Form page.
4. Select Refund Inquiry as your subject, and check off the order(s) of interest. If you dont see the order in question listed, enter the order number in the Other field.
5. State in the comments that the price dropped, and that you want to be credited for the difference. It might help to mention the item name as well as old and new price, but Im not sure that this is necessary.
yes. This is true. I have today recieved a refund from them. Have a go!!!it works fine if your item is less than 30 days from dispach.
I've tried this myself now successfully as well.
The Returns and Refunds Form mentioned above can be found at: amazon.co.uk/gp/…tml
(thanks to HanTot for this link)