"Plug in" OBDII terminal - diagnose engine faults - £2.95 postage for orders under £30, ad a few items and get delivered for free
Can order online for delivery to your home, very slim chance there's any in your local shop.
From site:Brand:Auto XS
Product Type:Car and Motor Emergency Kit
Keep your vehicle safe, well maintained and on the road with this Auto XS Car Fault Code Reader. The OBDII reader provides clear diagnostic information to tell you why your vehicle’s engine light is showing, and is compatible with OBDII compliant vehicles. With no battery required, this handy reader provides both generic and manufacturer-specific diagnostic trouble codes.
- Provides clear diagnostic information to tell you why your engine light is showing
- Compatible with OBDII compliant vehicles
- Provides both generic and manufacturer-specific diagnostic trouble codes
- No battery required
- Includes comprehensive operating manual
- Determines MIL status (Malfunction Indicator Lamp)
- Retrieves VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on vehicles from 2002 onwards which support ‘mode 9’
- Reviews emission readiness status
- This device will not diagnose faults with airbags or braking systems
Suitable For: Compatible with petrol vehicles from 1996 and diesel vehicles from 2004 that are OBDII compliant (including CAN) and has a OBDII connecting port
Possibly not the most capable OBDII reader, certainly not the most expensive by a very long way - cheap enough to have in the glove compartment "just in case"