Carbon Monoxide Alarm.  The FireAngel CO-9X £17.62 delivered @ Scottish Power
27°Expired

Carbon Monoxide Alarm. The FireAngel CO-9X £17.62 delivered @ Scottish Power

6
Found 2nd Nov 2011
With winter on our doorstep, seems sensible to make sure we have these things installed in preparation for the boilers running flat out!
This is a 25% off deal. Alternatives considered (which are the Honeywell offering from British Gas, this is a great price for a simple affix to wall and forget option. I also like the idea of being able to take it away on holiday after those Watchdog scary holiday stories!

If you can find cheaper (apart from ebay where the source may be dubious), please post it on this thread for all to see.

Official blurb below:


Product Features and Benefits

Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that has no colour, taste or smell. If undetected in your home, it kills!

The FireAngel CO-9X alarm is simple to attach to the wall, with no need for wiring, batteries or mains power supply. It’s slimline and portable design makes it easy to take with you on holiday and - what’s more - it comes with a 7 YEAR WARRANTY, giving you additional peace of mind.

6 Comments

The link is dead and goes to an affiliate website.... try here https://scottishpowershop.co.uk/Item.aspx?id=20&CategoryID=2

Is this a battery powered CO detector? I wouldn't buy a battery powered one, mains is much safer as it cannot ever run out.
Edited by: "waby1234" 2nd Nov 2011

Original Poster

waby1234

The link is dead and goes to an affiliate website.... try here … The link is dead and goes to an affiliate website.... try here https://scottishpowershop.co.uk/Item.aspx?id=20&CategoryID=2Is this a battery powered CO detector? I wouldn't buy a battery powered one, mains is much safer as it cannot ever run out.



I cannot fathom the link issue - your's is identical to the one I put it! (I just checked it again and re-saved it - still no good)
Most of the energy supplier ones are sealed batteries because statistics show the replaceable ones are in fact the ones people neglect to replace!
The sealed ones last the life of the sensor unit - 7 years (as this one does). Probably enough?
Tue enough mains ones will never run out but under government regs, unless it has a 13A plug on it, you need to get an electrician to install it! A 13A plug is no good as it will end up being sited at wainscot height which is not effective.
In any case, I just posted this as an easy safe solution at a good price. I'm sure there are alternatives for the minorities wishes

Edited by: "dca860" 2nd Nov 2011

Agreed, 7 years is a decent lifespan. I'm happy with my mains powered one :-) but this is a decent price for the specific unit

a life is worth such a paltry sum for sure.
Why threse aren't mandatory legally obliged kit for households I'll never know, as we have a woodburner (& a chimney thus running through the house) we have one in the well ventilated stove source room) & one in each of the bedrooms adjacent to the chimney stack, just in case over time there are leakages... you never know, it's unlined after all.

don't gamble fit & forget, being a fire angel it'll probably have a little pop up red warning flag to say no battery if it's ever taken out, the PP9? these need are pricey but do last well.

Kidde ones half price in Tesco (about £8.50). Has been posted.

Good idea but not a great price.

As a major distributor of CO Alarms in the UK and Ireland, I agree with dca860, the battery product is the best product to use, because the sealed in Lithium Battery lasts the life of the Carbon monoxide sensor( 6.5 years, so there is no need for the expense of a mains product and all the wiring costs.
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text