11°
EXPIRED
Digital-TV-Aerial-+-Kit-52-Element £33.74 @ Focus DIY
Digital-TV-Aerial-+-Kit-52-Element £33.74 @ Focus DIY

Digital-TV-Aerial-+-Kit-52-Element £33.74 @ Focus DIY

Buy forBuy forBuy for£33.74
GETGet dealVisit site and get deal
Good price plus if you have a 10% off card its even better

7 Comments

No such thing as a digital aerial :thumbsup:

philmitchell;6606178

No such thing as a digital arial :thumbsup:



Was just going to say the same thing. There was a bit on Watchdog last week I think saying that something like 90% of aerials that are already installed will pick up nearly every Freeview channel, and the other 10% will just not get as many channels. Might be wrong with the %s

Original Poster

philmitchell , god i hate a know all!!
All you normal people read this and learn ukfree.tv/ful…054. Most of you will need to change in the next 2 years

Bora Horza;6606268

Was just going to say the same thing. There was a bit on Watchdog last … Was just going to say the same thing. There was a bit on Watchdog last week I think saying that something like 90% of aerials that are already installed will pick up nearly every Freeview channel, and the other 10% will just not get as many channels. Might be wrong with the %s



In my region, the digital terrestrial channels uses a wider range of the frequency spectrum than the old analogue channels, and the digital transmissions have also been at a lower power output (although that might have improved with the recent channel changes), so the recommended aerials have changed from a low gain, band D (anyway I think it was D) that were fitted on most homes in this region, to a high gain wide band (band "W") aerial. Also if I recall correctly digital transmissions are more adversely affected by reflections off buildings etc than analogue ones, so a directional aerial is desirable, also some models of digital receivers are a little unstable if the signal strength is poor.

jonnjybegood;6606288

philmitchell , god i hate a know all!! All you normal people read this … philmitchell , god i hate a know all!! All you normal people read this and learn http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107051054. Most of you will need to change in the next 2 years



BTW Phil Mitchell is correct - there is no such thing as a "digital" aerial - any aerial manufactured in the last 10 years will pick up digital or analogue

melted;6607621

In my region, the digital terrestrial channels uses a wider range of the … In my region, the digital terrestrial channels uses a wider range of the frequency spectrum than the old analogue channels, and the digital transmissions have also been at a lower power output (although that might have improved with the recent channel changes), so the recommended aerials have changed from a low gain, band D (anyway I think it was D) that were fitted on most homes in this region, to a high gain wide band (band "W") aerial. Also if I recall correctly digital transmissions are more adversely affected by reflections off buildings etc than analogue ones, so a directional aerial is desirable, also some models of digital receivers are a little unstable if the signal strength is poor.



Just passing on the info which was on Watchdog regarding 'digital' aerials.

Can't immediately see what is included in the "kit".

Struth, if (repeat: if), you need to improve your aerial, just get a Vision Log Periodic jobby and problem over. Period. You would be hard pushed to not find many outlets capable of delivering the superb V10-040 option under £30. Some further informative detail buried in the link below, although possibly not the least expensive vendor:
satcure.co.uk/tec…htm
Not practical to go into endless tech-speak here, but in problematic reception areas log periodic aerials are great for obtaining positive results from aerial boosters / distribution amplifiers feeding more than one TV. This alone can be advantageous in negating the need for multiple high-gain aerial installations.

An example of the Vision log periodic ]V10-040 at £22 delivered.
Example of Vision ]range from same vendor.
Seriously, if the professional 030 or higher gain V10-040 don't do the job then it is highly unlikely you will find any other practical alternatives.
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text