Edwards of Conwy 6 Traditional Pork Sausages - £1.99 @ Aldi / Asda
300°Expired

Edwards of Conwy 6 Traditional Pork Sausages - £1.99 @ Aldi / Asda

25
Found 8th Feb 2015
Crowned Britain's Best Butcher of 2014, first time a Welsh shop has won it. Link in comments.

Best sausages in the supermarkets in my opinion.
£1.99 in Aldi.
I've lied to you all in the title as they're actually £2 in Asda.

£2.85 in Tesco, £3 in Sainsburys.

25 Comments

Original Poster

http://i.imgur.com/9Gaflci.png

http://i.imgur.com/NBci6SX.png

Love these Sausage, brilliant quality, either these or Asda Extra Special are my choice.

Be buying these this week. Only ones I have been buying recently are M&S Chorizo or my butchers Italian ones. Hard to find half descent ones these days.
Heat

they're a great tasting sausage. Bargain @ £2

Do these match up to what's in the shop? Great butchers.

Went on holiday to Wales the summer before last and stumbled upon this butchers (never heard of it before then) and had a pork pie. Outstanding so i'll be trying these for defo.

I'm sold. Hot freshly cooked sausages are close to chocolate but in different ends of the scale.

My parents live in Conwy, we always go to Edwards when we have a barbecue. Really pleased I will be able to buy some sausages at Aldi too.

Marmite32

My parents live in Conwy, we always go to Edwards when we have a barbecue.



Does Edward mind you using his BBQ?

These are lovely sausages, well recommended

Drew Pritchard, Salvage Hunter lives in Conwy

Cold it's aldi

Link in comments


I see what you did there.

hursty321

Cold it's aldi



What an idiotic comment

Thank you, will try these.

These really are lovely sausages....normally never buy sausages, burgers or anything else that I haven't made at home, don't think you'll be disappointed....

£2 seems about the normal price for a 70% pork sausage.

Original Poster

dsldude

£2 seems about the normal price for a 70% pork sausage.



There's more to a sausage than the pork percentage.


In this case, 30% of it. (_;)


i dont get the obsession with pork % in sausages, any more than 70% and it's a burger. I had a bacon sandwich today it was only 30% pork, the other 70% was bread, butter and hp sauce, it tasted ok.

Best sausages are around 60% pork, quality of meat is far more important

Sure, people can take the choice on how much meat they want in a sausage, my point is simply that the amount of meat should be reflected in the price charged.

I only get 90%+ sausages

Comment

Elkelriko

These really are lovely sausages....normally never buy sausages, burgers … These really are lovely sausages....normally never buy sausages, burgers or anything else that I haven't made at home, don't think you'll be disappointed....



If you never buy sausages how do you know these are better than any other sausage?

Fantastic butchers and sausages - have some heat for the great price.
In the summer I was mugged for an Edwards sausage right outside Conwy's police station. I was eating one of Edwards delicious hot sandwiches. Next thing I get hit over the head. I look down and the dog is eating one of the sausages. I look to my hand where the was a full sandwich just one inch of bread remained. The rest of the sausage sandwich was being digested by a very lucky seagull on top of the local Italian restaurant!

I used to buy these when in Anglesey and freeze them at home. great sausages!

Almost no fat comes out of these when you cook them, which I think shows the quality. I prefer the Cumberland variety, though I'm waiting to try the Lincolnshires when I see them on offer.
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text