Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml £6.86 Amazon (save your shredder from seizing up)
-98°Expired

Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml £6.86 Amazon (save your shredder from seizing up)

7
Found 26th Jan 2013
Fellowes Shredder Lubricant keeps your shredder running at peak performance by conditioning the cutters and extending the life of your shredder. For best results, oil shredder each time you empty the wastebasket or a minimum of twice a month. 350ml plastic squeeze bottle with extended nozzle ensures complete coverage.

Features

Specially formulated oil
Prolongs the life of your shredder
For use on Cross Cut shredders
350ml bottle

About the best price around with free postage. 10p cheaper with Marketplace seller Don Ruffles Ltd but hardly worth the bother.

Or you could use vegetable oil. This stuff is 99% canola oil (very similar to rapeseed oil) - but who knows? Maybe the other 1% is Fairy Dust. More likely, though, it's a deodoriser/preservative - pure vegetable oil goes rancid in a shredder. Not pleasant!
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
Bike chain oil does the same job, done it for years.
Original Poster
Rapeseed oil's the way to go, then. The only problem's the smell when it goes rancid. The other 1% in the Fellowes product is probably a deodoriser and preservative to stop it going rancid in the shredder.
Ive never need any oil for rexel shredders. On the other hand my fellowes one siezed up at the first sniff of more than 2 pages. They need this oil as fellowes shredders are garbage..get a decent rexel instead
solving problems that are not there
Original Poster
royals

Ive never need any oil for rexel shredders. On the other hand my fellowes … Ive never need any oil for rexel shredders. On the other hand my fellowes one siezed up at the first sniff of more than 2 pages. They need this oil as fellowes shredders are garbage..get a decent rexel instead



From the Rexel website:

Shredder Lubricant

Recommended for Rexel Large Office, Mercury Departmental, Wide Entry and Auto+ shredders, our non-flammable Shredder Lubricant helps keep them running at peak performance. It is packed in a convenient squeezy bottle making it easy to apply directly onto the cutting heads to ensure continuous, trouble-free use.

Paper is a surprisingly tough media. To ensure continual trouble-free usage and efficiency of the Cutting heads, the use of shredmaster shredder oil is strongly recommended.


Shredder oil costs money, but a new shredder costs a lot more! (_;)
WHY NOT USE WD40
Original Poster
billc

WHY NOT USE WD40



Because it will completely b*gger your shredder!
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text