Found 24th FebEdited by:"deleted1391139"
One in 13 used cars has an outstanding safety recall that could see you fined £2,500 - here's how to check yours. Failure to have one of these issues resolved could not only put the driver, their passengers and other road users at risk but also land the keeper with a hefty penalty of up to £2,500 and three points on their licence in the most serious cases. gov.uk/che…all
- The DVLA said 8% of cars checked last year had an unresolved recall alert
- Recalls are issued by manufacturers if models are identified as having faults that could make the vehicle unsafe
- Failure to have them rectified can lead to fines and 3 points on your licence
- A new online tool lets you enter the details of your car - or one you're buying - to check for outstanding recalls
- Whilst not a beta, it's also not yet perfect