HP Spectre x360 13-ae005na Convertible Laptop 3 Year Care Pack  £1287.07 with code @ HP Store
327°Expired

HP Spectre x360 13-ae005na Convertible Laptop 3 Year Care Pack £1287.07 with code @ HP Store

£1,287.07£1,389.957%HP Deals
34
Found 13th Feb
Was £1499, then £1399, now £1287.07 with voucher code representing a saving of £211.92 based on the original HP price. John Lewis do the same laptop with their own 3 year guarantee for £1389.95: link

EDIT: available through Unidays for £1231.12 thanks to JagerNinja

Specification :

> 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
> 8GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM (onboard)
> 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
> 33.8 cm (13.3") diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™ (3840 x 2160)
> Intel® 620 UHD Integrated Graphics
> Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
> 2 USB-C Thunderbolt™ 3 ports (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge)
> 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port (HP Sleep and Charge)
> Fast charge: 50% in 30 minutes, 90% in 90 minutes
> 1 headphone/microphone combination jack
> Bang & Olufsen, quad speakers, HP Audio Boost
> Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
> Fingerprint reader
> Sleeve and Active Stylus included
> Windows 10 64 OS
> 3 year HP Care Pack (pickup and return)
> Get over £240 worth of creative software (Photo, Video, Streaming, Music and Paint) until 28th of February:
- Corel® Painter® Essentials™ 5
- MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2017
- MAGIX Samplitude Music Studio 2016
- BitMar Elite
- MAGIX Youcast
- Guided Meditation VR

8% saving on home laptops over £799 until midnight on 18th of February. Home Laptops include products from the following ranges; Spectre, OMEN, ENVY, Pavilion and HP Essential.

Save 8% is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Maximum spend per customer of £4,000. Purchases must be for personal use and not for resale. HP reserves the right to revise or cancel this offer at any time.
Community Updates
HP DealsHP Discount Codes

Groups

34 Comments
Code is 8LAPTOP (originally wrote this as a voucher code deal)
I have a similar model to this and unfortunately the hp branded sleeve that is included smell ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE 🤢😵☠ like ROTTEN FISH. Need to leave the sleeve wide open for a couple days for the air to circulate.
Edited by: "AJ92" 13th Feb
£1,231 with unidays too
4 months of my pension for stuff that in years is worth a tenth ..thanks it may be hot
we paid . Now brexit .
unidays HORRIBLE ROTTEN FISH ?
JagerNinja24 m ago

£1,231 with unidays too


Thanks for the tip, it's for my daughter who is a student
Now this is a top end laptop. Notebookcheck say something along the lines of "best ultrabook keyboard we've ever used"
Top end specs for a great price.
One glaring omission, no security slot. No Kensington, wedge, etc, absolutely nothing.

You can't connect a security cable to this laptop without purchasing an expensive, cumbersome, and god awful clamp that goes around the screen.

Most people won't care, which is probably why they removed it, but for some users it's dealbreaker. Including me, bit gutted as HP convertible would have been my first choice.
sneakybifta33 m ago

One glaring omission, no security slot. No Kensington, wedge, etc, …One glaring omission, no security slot. No Kensington, wedge, etc, absolutely nothing.You can't connect a security cable to this laptop without purchasing an expensive, cumbersome, and god awful clamp that goes around the screen.Most people won't care, which is probably why they removed it, but for some users it's dealbreaker. Including me, bit gutted as HP convertible would have been my first choice.


I can see why they've started leaving it off, I've never seen anyone ever use it.
Sucks if you need it though.
Any reason your get the 13 inch when you can get the 15 inch for the same money?
What??? No floppy disk reader I'm out 😁
redbullmaster15 m ago

Any reason your get the 13 inch when you can get the 15 inch for the same …Any reason your get the 13 inch when you can get the 15 inch for the same money?


Portability; 15 inch laptops tend to be a lot heavier (2.01 kg vs 1.29kg in this case) and therefore more cumbersome if you tend to carry your laptop around with you a lot.

The plusses for the 15 inch are a discrete graphics card (NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 with 2 GB GDDR5 in this case) as well as the bigger screen, bigger battery and therefore longer battery life and some variation in the number and type of ports. It all boils down to your particular use case and preference.
I have a brand new one for sale if anyone’s interested with warranty from hp
sneakybifta1 h, 9 m ago

One glaring omission, no security slot. No Kensington, wedge, etc, …One glaring omission, no security slot. No Kensington, wedge, etc, absolutely nothing.You can't connect a security cable to this laptop without purchasing an expensive, cumbersome, and god awful clamp that goes around the screen.Most people won't care, which is probably why they removed it, but for some users it's dealbreaker. Including me, bit gutted as HP convertible would have been my first choice.


Okay so yes I've used Kensington locks in the past because the company I worked for mandated their use. But it's only a deterrent and not a very good one at that. No experience with wedge (I assume it's better?).

However, this laptop has a Fingerprint reader, Windows Hello and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) support needed for disk encryption. That's a lot of security to get past in order to access the laptop's potentially greater valuables: the data.

I take your point though!!
Nice Laptop......schit deal. I'll pass.
My only problem with this laptop is the 8GB RAM, my phone from last year has 6GB of RAM for crying out loud... I just don't understand how laptop OEMs can get away with this. Worst of all, the bloody RAM are all soldered on to the motherboard in ultra-books, so you can't even upgrade it yourself at a later stage.

Seriously, anyone who is willing to fork out over £800 on a laptop, get one with 16GB RAM. No matter if it is web browsing, work or gaming you could always benifit more from it. Here's a video to explain why more RAM is better in more depth
redbullmaster1 h, 56 m ago

Any reason your get the 13 inch when you can get the 15 inch for the same …Any reason your get the 13 inch when you can get the 15 inch for the same money?


By that sentiment the 15" is a worse deal.
lavafire25 m ago

My only problem with this laptop is the 8GB RAM, my phone from last year …My only problem with this laptop is the 8GB RAM, my phone from last year has 6GB of RAM for crying out loud... I just don't understand how laptop OEMs can get away with this. Worst of all, the bloody RAM are all soldered on to the motherboard in ultra-books, so you can't even upgrade it yourself at a later stage.Seriously, anyone who is willing to fork out over £800 on a laptop, get one with 16GB RAM. No matter if it is web browsing, work or gaming you could always benifit more from it. Here's a video to explain why more RAM is better in more depth [Video]


The graphic card sucks too
Spectre and Meltdown LoL and £1000 what a joke !
I give up buying any HP product after one after one all my and my customers laptop failed because of overheating after warranty expired, HP is big scam , I am working in IT field since Windows 95, my one one world#advice#do#not#buy#HP
7day12 h, 13 m ago

4 months of my pension for stuff that in years is worth a tenth ..thanks …4 months of my pension for stuff that in years is worth a tenth ..thanks it may be hot we paid . Now brexit .unidays HORRIBLE ROTTEN FISH ?


I'd love a link to last years tech that is a tenth of the price of this years. The best I can find for the HP Spectre x360 i7-7500u is about a 20% saving at around £1k
I have this model and love it. It was bought in November, does anyone know if I can get the £240 of creative software or if this is a new incentive to purchase deal?
EMtart37 m ago

I have this model and love it. It was bought in November, does anyone know …I have this model and love it. It was bought in November, does anyone know if I can get the £240 of creative software or if this is a new incentive to purchase deal?


You need to have received a 'master key' by email after purchase to get this offer:
33258090-PnWKs.jpg
Avatar
deleted187822
***aliboy86*** did you men 8 inch or 5 1/4 inch floppy?
For anyone seriously considering this, please look at this also

www8.hp.com/us/…tml
bluefish23031 h, 22 m ago

You need to have received a 'master key' by email after purchase to get …You need to have received a 'master key' by email after purchase to get this offer:[Image]


I see, I will have to check with my hubby who bought it for me as a present. I'm not hopeful though.Thanks for the reply.
£1300 for a hp laptop

no chance

just buy a thinkpad t series.
HPMan3 h, 3 m ago

For anyone seriously considering this, please look at this …For anyone seriously considering this, please look at this alsohttp://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/envy-x2/overview.html


I’ve been keeping an eye on this product for ages now. Just want a release date and price before I consider anything else. I think Lenovo have something similiar coming out in the form of the Miix with a snapdragon processor.
Stitch12312 m ago

I’ve been keeping an eye on this product for ages now. Just want a release …I’ve been keeping an eye on this product for ages now. Just want a release date and price before I consider anything else. I think Lenovo have something similiar coming out in the form of the Miix with a snapdragon processor.


I read February as a release date plus a starting price of £999, if you want something cheaper Asus do a mobile chipset

asus.com/uk/…QL/
HPMan1 h, 21 m ago

I read February as a release date plus a starting price of £999, if you …I read February as a release date plus a starting price of £999, if you want something cheaper Asus do a mobile chipsethttps://www.asus.com/uk/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-NovaGo-TP370QL/


That’s disappointing. I had read from somewhere that it would be ‘well under £1000. The Asus looks good but I’m after a predominant tablet experience. I had a surface pro but poor battery life and flickering screen were a problem. I’m not even after a mobile experience. I just want a decent windows 10 tablet, with all day battery and a great handwriting experience. Currently rocking an iPad Pro but really need better access to outlook groups especially group calendars (the iOS groups app is terrible)
Edited by: "Stitch123" 14th Feb
Should be 32gb RAM and ddr5 really
lavafire18 h, 24 m ago

My only problem with this laptop is the 8GB RAM, my phone from last year …My only problem with this laptop is the 8GB RAM, my phone from last year has 6GB of RAM for crying out loud...


Looking at the board configuration I'd wager this has something to do with trying to get rid of boards that have 8gig fixed (I believe they'd be making them with 8gig and 16gig fixed and that's about it). 8gig is too limiting now, Chrome can chew through that alarmingly quickly and it's well within the usage expectation of the laptop over its defined life that this will become a problem for ordinary users. I'd be interested to see if this deal can be had for the 16gig model (with the ram-price difference only but discounts intact).

I was spec'ing this system for someone in Australia a few weeks ago and we couldn't get it under the equivalent of about £1900 for the 16gig model (they only have a GST (VAT) of 10% but everyone jacks prices up horrendously there, even more so than the UK).
davocc14th Feb

Looking at the board configuration I'd wager this has something to do with …Looking at the board configuration I'd wager this has something to do with trying to get rid of boards that have 8gig fixed (I believe they'd be making them with 8gig and 16gig fixed and that's about it). 8gig is too limiting now, Chrome can chew through that alarmingly quickly and it's well within the usage expectation of the laptop over its defined life that this will become a problem for ordinary users. I'd be interested to see if this deal can be had for the 16gig model (with the ram-price difference only but discounts intact). I was spec'ing this system for someone in Australia a few weeks ago and we couldn't get it under the equivalent of about £1900 for the 16gig model (they only have a GST (VAT) of 10% but everyone jacks prices up horrendously there, even more so than the UK).


Sadly they don't offer this combination; to get 16GB ram you also have to have a 1TB SSD which sends the price up to £1563.07 which is a hike too far IMO.
bluefish230317th Feb

Sadly they don't offer this combination; to get 16GB ram you also have to …Sadly they don't offer this combination; to get 16GB ram you also have to have a 1TB SSD which sends the price up to £1563.07 which is a hike too far IMO.


EEEEK - that's a huge jump, the US and Australia sell them with the 16GB/512GB SSD combo most of the time, from what I remember it's plausible to upgrade the SSD down the track but you're stuck with ram as it's hard-wired to the board and can't be upgraded.
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text