Found 23rd Apr
- Thought this was a fab price for anyone wanting a getaway, with dinner and breakfast thown in. Can't grumble at under £40 pp.
Stonecross Manor Hotel is in the pretty market town of Kendal, less than 10 minutes' drive from the Lake District National Park and around 20 minutes' drive from Lake Windmere. Overnight stays are now £79, saving up to 59% on the usual price.
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard Double/Twin Room, with full Cumbrian breakfast, for two
- £45 dining credit per couple to spend on dinner in the Woodland Bar and Kitchen
- It's £109 for a 2-night stay with daily breakfast and dinner on the first night
- Fridays and Saturdays are an extra £10 per night, payable direct to the hotel
- The hotel occupies a 19th-century former orphanage that was gifted to Kendal by a squiress. There is a heated indoor swimming pool, a steam room and a spa that can guests can use (supplements apply for treatments)
- The ruins of Kendal Castle -- where Henry VIII's sixth wife Catherine Parr lived -- is a 10-minute drive away
- Grasmere, which Lonely Planet calls "one of the prettiest of the Lakeland hamlets", is around 35 minutes' drive away
Shrewsbury coaching-inn stay w/dinner, save 45% - £45pp (Based on2 a Adults)
- Accommodation in a Standard Double Room or Superior Room (subject to availability on booking), with full English breakfast, for two
- A 3-course set-menu dinner (worth £28.70 per person) in the Haywards Restaurant
- A pre-dinner glass of prosecco (worth £5.95 per person)