LG 55UF860V 4K Ultra-HD 3D Smart TV, 55" with Freeview HD, Built-In Wi-Fi, Harman/kardon Audio & 2x 3D Glasses - £749 @ John Lewis
79°Expired

LG 55UF860V 4K Ultra-HD 3D Smart TV, 55" with Freeview HD, Built-In Wi-Fi, Harman/kardon Audio & 2x 3D Glasses - £749 @ John Lewis

16
Found 26th May 2016
JL seemed to have matched the Selfridges deal!
Community Updates

Groups

16 Comments
I read online that this supports hdr. anyone able to confirm this?
According to this it does... youtu.be/zcr…vgQ
Yes it supports HDR, I have tested this with Amazon Ultra HD.

BUT! I have read myself it does not support HDR over a HDMI connection. I have not tested this myself.
Excellent price for a 10 bit/HDR panel
It is a great TV but just be aware of 2 things:-

- 3D is really good as its passive which means no flicker and full HD to each eye, (unlike previous passive 3D TV's.) However, the viewing angle is extremely sensitive. I've now tested 4 of these, and on all 4, there is always some ghosting on either the top or bottom 20% of the screen, depending on your position.
- The HDD recording is a nice feature. When you record HD though, the playback keeps breaking up. Its a common issue with this TV that LG don't seem to be addressing and probably won't.

If you can live with the above, its a great TV and a great price. Hot.
is this a UHD Premium?
How's this with football? any motion blur / dirty screen effect?
Cheaper at RGBdirect - £699 - with 5 yr guarantee too - rgbdirect.co.uk/Pro…60V
Edited by: "thespiderpig" 27th May 2016

It is a great TV but just be aware of 2 things:-- 3D is really good as … It is a great TV but just be aware of 2 things:-- 3D is really good as its passive which means no flicker and full HD to each eye, (unlike previous passive 3D TV's.) However, the viewing angle is extremely sensitive. I've now tested 4 of these, and on all 4, there is always some ghosting on either the top or bottom 20% of the screen, depending on your position. - The HDD recording is a nice feature. When you record HD though, the playback keeps breaking up. Its a common issue with this TV that LG don't seem to be addressing and probably won't. If you can live with the above, its a great TV and a great price. Hot.


I have heard so many different opinion regarding the 3D that I am not sure what to believe anymore.

I have heard from some that if viewed directly, there's little to no presence of crosstalk at all, yet have I have seen some people say that it's really bad (entirely, or just the top and bottom areas) and apparently some have tried quite a few sets.

So would you say it's generally great except the the top and bottom, which can't be helped even if watching the TV directly and not from an angle?

I'd appreciate your opinion.

Cheaper at RGBdirect - £699 - with 5 yr guarantee too - … Cheaper at RGBdirect - £699 - with 5 yr guarantee too - http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/Products/Television/3D-LED-TV/LG/55UF860V


Do you know if John Lewis will price match RGB Direct ? Thanks

Do you know if John Lewis will price match RGB Direct ? Thanks


No, I tried and they said no due to delivery options being different (sounds a cop out to me)

I have heard so many different opinion regarding the 3D that I am not … I have heard so many different opinion regarding the 3D that I am not sure what to believe anymore.I have heard from some that if viewed directly, there's little to no presence of crosstalk at all, yet have I have seen some people say that it's really bad (entirely, or just the top and bottom areas) and apparently some have tried quite a few sets.So would you say it's generally great except the the top and bottom, which can't be helped even if watching the TV directly and not from an angle?I'd appreciate your opinion.



The 75% of the screen at your correct viewing angle is great. The remaining 25% is poor. I'd recommend you view things for yourself and get a few test images.

The 75% of the screen at your correct viewing angle is great. The … The 75% of the screen at your correct viewing angle is great. The remaining 25% is poor. I'd recommend you view things for yourself and get a few test images.


Thanks for the reply, any idea where I can test this set (or even 850v)?

PC World in Tottenham Court Road told me they no longer do 3D test for any of their sets.

Thanks for the reply, any idea where I can test this set (or even 850v)? … Thanks for the reply, any idea where I can test this set (or even 850v)? PC World in Tottenham Court Road told me they no longer do 3D test for any of their sets.



Many wont do tests due to not having the 3D glasses at hand. Get some glasses from your local cinema and then go to Richer Sounds or John Lewis. Also take a USB stick loaded with 3D test content to minimise the amount of work the staff have to do.

Many wont do tests due to not having the 3D glasses at hand. Get some … Many wont do tests due to not having the 3D glasses at hand. Get some glasses from your local cinema and then go to Richer Sounds or John Lewis. Also take a USB stick loaded with 3D test content to minimise the amount of work the staff have to do.


Thanks for this info. I will get me some Passive 3D glasses plus some 3D demo and will head to the Holborn Richer Sounds to try it out (that is if they do have physical in-store unit).

Thanks for this info. I will get me some Passive 3D glasses plus some 3D … Thanks for this info. I will get me some Passive 3D glasses plus some 3D demo and will head to the Holborn Richer Sounds to try it out (that is if they do have physical in-store unit).



Richer are very good. Probably best to give them a phone and let them know what you want to look at in advance. Some stores don't have certain models on display as the stores are small.
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text