492°
EXPIRED
Magnetix 50 Piece Primary Set - £2.99 (was £9.99) @ Argos !!
Magnetix 50 Piece Primary Set - £2.99 (was £9.99) @ Argos !!

Magnetix 50 Piece Primary Set - £2.99 (was £9.99) @ Argos !!

Buy forBuy forBuy for£2.99
GETGet dealVisit site and get deal
Discover wonders of creativity with this 50 piece set of rods and balls.

Assorted primary colours which join together to create shapes, vehicles and animals.

For ages 6 years and over

24 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/3692240SPA66UC310982X.jpg

Its at this price cos no one buys them, as they are a health hazard and very dangerous for young children special if they swallow more then one piece!!!!! for this reason it is cold for me!!!!!

hot deal

Please be careful if you decide to buy these for children - it was shown on Dispatches how dangerous magnets can be if they are swallowed by children, causing serious damage to their intestines. See
]http//fo…081

brilliant deal and a fantastic product. Nice spot.

Magnetic things don't tend to do very well on here.......... do a search.

I won't be buying one but heat for the price.....

Fantastic, just reserved!!! Voted hot

solid;2318097

Its at this price cos no one buys them, as they are a health hazard and … Its at this price cos no one buys them, as they are a health hazard and very dangerous for young children special if they swallow more then one piece!!!!! for this reason it is cold for me!!!!!



i believe that is such a stupid reason to vote it cold
it should be based on price
there was a knife set on here the other day
are you sayin that it should be voted cold because those knives could get into the hands of your children? or even a teenage child with knife crime on the increase in this country! i just dont think ur reason is valid for cold vote

well voted it hot. It will do nicely for christmas presents for my older nephews

solid;2318097

Its at this price cos no one buys them, as they are a health hazard and … Its at this price cos no one buys them, as they are a health hazard and very dangerous for young children special if they swallow more then one piece!!!!! for this reason it is cold for me!!!!!



I have seen this common misconception come up before, and these were not the same toys that were banned in the US. The magnetic balls used over there were much smaller and as such could be swallowed easily by young uns. Those could stick together in the stomach of a baby and cause complications IF swallowed.
If a baby picked up anything the size of these balls and tried to swallow it, it is the parents responsibility as they would choke as they get stuck in the throat.
I have actually bought these for my nephew before and as with any toy they should be purchased for children of the correct age range

It's a good deal and so hot.

:thumbsup:Excellent spot. Always looking for good gifts for the huge number of birthday parties my two boys go to. Heat added.

solid;2318097

Its at this price cos no one buys them, as they are a health hazard and … Its at this price cos no one buys them, as they are a health hazard and very dangerous for young children special if they swallow more then one piece!!!!! for this reason it is cold for me!!!!!



What piffle just teach your child not to put anything other than food in their mouth if you can't do that theyre too young to have them

Voted HOT!

Ta. Ordered.:thumbsup:

MoneySavingG;2318830

I have seen this common misconception come up before, and these were not … I have seen this common misconception come up before, and these were not the same toys that were banned in the US. The magnetic balls used over there were much smaller and as such could be swallowed easily by young uns. Those could stick together in the stomach of a baby and cause complications IF swallowed. If a baby picked up anything the size of these balls and tried to swallow it, it is the parents responsibility as they would choke as they get stuck in the throat.I have actually bought these for my nephew before and as with any toy they should be purchased for children of the correct age rangeIt's a good deal and so hot.



I disagree a kid at the nursery I work in fortunately pooed one of the balls out last week!!!!

They are a health hazard if swallowed but as you say are probably ok if given to the correct age range.
The kids who died in the US were of mixed age ranges from baby to 11/12. The older kids swallowed them accidentally whilst chewing the pieces.

I have not voted hot or cold. This is a good deal but parents / carers should be made more aware of the dangers.

thanks...

bout a set on saturday as a birthday gift an it was 9.99 reduced to 4.99. they reduced it further on sunday, how typical is that.
voted hot anyway

There was a programme about all magnetic toys and it was unbelieveable how much damage these things can do if swallowed. It really put me off all magnetic toys, my son had a set up until i watched this. Totally against it, but thats my view.
BE Aware though. Not just little ones swallowing this

Ordered two sets! Reminds me of the days of meccano... Something to do over the summer, lol:-D

amzing...!

Bought 10 of these today. Two sets as stocking fillers for my boys (tuck away for Xmas) and the others as birthday gifts for the parties they go to.
I really can't understand all the fuss over the safety of these toys. They say age 6+ on the box. No half intelligent six year old would stick a steel ball in their mouth. If you have younger children around then you should supervise.
My two boys are 6 and 8. They have Magnetix, Lego, & Meccano. Never had a problem. Each of these toys has small parts too.
I'm also deeply irresponsibe and let my two boys climb trees (I know the health and safety brigade will be up in arms .... but there you are ... I'm just crazy!):prop:

Hot!!

got one.....for my older child so shouldn't be a prob..voted hot!

If your child swallows one of these magnets, then just stick the naughty kid on the fridge until they have learned their lesson ;-)
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text