So I decided to get an Oximeter following today’s BBC news article: bbc.co.uk/news/health-55733527
There are certainly cheaper oximeters about, however I wanted one that was from a recognised brand and sold by Amazon - basically not a Chinese generic or seller.
This one seemed to meet the criteria, and as a bonus it’s got Bluetooth in it and can connect to an app in your smart phone.
This has been £41.68 on Amazon til recently - uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B08DG6DLTH
Product page: medisana.com/en/Health-control/Pulsoximeter/PM-100-connect-Pulse-oximeter.html
* Pulse oximeter to measure the saturation of oxy-gen in blood (SpO2%) and the heart rate (pulse)
* Data transfer via Bluetooth® Smart (4.0) to the VitaDock+ app for iOS and Android*
* View measurements on OLED display
* Display brightness adjustable in 10 levels
* Simple „one touch“ operation – ideal for on the go
* Oxygen saturation (SpO2) and pulse rate can be displayed as bars or waves
* 6 different views
* Automatic switch-off after 8 seconds
* Low battery display
* Incl. carrying strap
* Incl. Batteries (2 × 1,5V AAA)