Found 17th Dec 2017
Just love the smoky peat flavour on this whisky. Its a acquired taste, but well worth it.
- Matured in a balance of 1st Fill (vanilla sweetness) and 2nd Fill (spiciness) ex-Bourbon American Oak casks
- Bottled at 46% ABV for maximum texture and 'mouth-feel'
- A burst of intense smoky fruit escapes into the atmosphere-peat infused with zesty lemon and lime, wrapped in waxy dark chocolate
- The finish goes on and on-long and smoky with tarry espresso, aniseed, toasted almonds and traces of soft barley and fresh pear
- It was awarded 85 points by Michael Jackson's Book
- 2015 Silver Outstanding Medal Winner - International Wine & Spirits Competition
- IWSC Awards Tasting Note: Attractive floral meadow flower notes open proceedings with lemon meringue pie and dry spices all ensuring that the character continues right through to the rich finish.