Temporarily Out Of Stock = You can still order, but there will be a longer delivery time
This one is a bit niche and I know zero about desirable fountain pens.
Everywhere I'm looking is telling me this is a Limited Edition and it's in the £600+ price bracket. Eg, Google Shopping, here
Blurb from Cultpens, herePineider goes back to 1774, with a reputation for making some of the finest paper, leather goods and writing instruments in the world. With new ownership, and a renewed commitment to Italian quality, history and craftsmanship, Pineider also wanted a truly innovative pen range.
One of the most renowned and respected pen designers in the world had just split up with his previous company. Dante Del Vecchio was available, and full of ideas. They got together, and Dante has designed some pens and accessories that are both beautiful and highly practical.
The Blue Bee Arco Fountain Pen is truly stunning, and there are only 888 of them available.
- The resin is beautiful, and wonderfully smooth to the touch. The combination of warm amber, yellow and deep blue is achieved by overlapping layers of coloured resins, which are then polished to bring out a natural iridescence.
- The clip is shaped like a quill, yet remains practical in use. There's a spring mechanism inside the cap that lets the clip open very wide, so it can hold onto even very thick pockets and bags, while a little upward turn at the tip makes it easy to attach.
- The metal ring around the cap is inscribed with 'Pineider' and the metal grip area is decorated with a series of indented rings.
- When you uncap the pen, the pull cap feels a little different. It's held in place by magnets, making it quick and easy to cap and uncap, while making a good seal. The magnetic poles are lined up in the cap and barrel, so twisting the cap a half turn will cause it to jump open, pushed by the same magnets that were holding it closed. It's just a little smoother to do than pulling alone.
- The nib is 14-karat gold, and specially shaped to give you a bit of line variation with pressure, so your writing has a little more style and expressiveness. Pineider call it a 'hyperflex' nib. The broad and stub nibs are shaped slightly differently, so they give less line variation, as they're starting with an already broad line.
- The same magnets in the cap that hold the pen closed, also hold the cap on the end of the barrel when writing with the pen posted. It's quicker and easier than a friction fit, and avoids the risk of marking the barrel.
The overall result is a pen that's really been thought through with the attention to detail and innovation that could only come from Dante Del Vecchio. A luxury pen, yes, definitely, but one that's clearly been designed to be nice to actually use every day, not just to look at.
Piston-filling mechanism, suitable for use only with bottled fountain pen ink. Supplied in a luxury gift box, along with a Pineider Pen Filler.
142mm long capped, 129mm uncapped, 166mm posted. 13mm wide, 10mm at grip, weighs 42g.
Product Code: PE74268
Advance Mechanism: Capped Ink
Type: Liquid Ink Item
Colour: Blue Item
Refill Type: Refillable, Fountain Pen Ink
Tip Material: Gold
Tip Type: Fountain Pen
Hamilton Pens says, here
The magic of Arco is in the material. A sandwich of transparent and opaque layers bonded by a golden glue is first cut to size and then lathed with a 4º slant. The outcome is a semi-transparent and iridescent material, reminiscent of celluloid. Arco is fitted with a piston filler system, Pineider’s patented magnetic cap locking system and is numbered and limited to 888 pieces.
Arco is fitted with Pineider's Hyperflex nib - made of rhodium plated 14ct gold, it writes to the lightest stroke. It is flexible and dynamic, yet it does not cross the line of a calligrapher’s nib. Hyperflex is meant to be used every day, all day long. The engraving of the tip is inspired by an Art Nouveau print from the Pineider archive and the shape of the keyhole has a special meaning - it is the contour of the engraving tool (“Bulino” It.), which Pineider’s craftsmen have used to manufacture the dies of its exclusive prints since 1774. The small notches at the side of the Nib are key to its performance. They rid of just enough metal to obtain the perfect flex of the tip. The Hyperflex nib is available in Extra Fine, Fine, Medium, Broad and Stub grades.
The Arco fountain pen is fitted with a piston filling system and is presented in a Pineider gift box that includes Pineider's Pen Filler.
And they have this image too: