Seems to be a decent cycle helmet for the price at the lower-mid end of the price scale: flash sale until end of Bank Holiday Monday takes another £5 off the previous sale price, usual price £34.99 - £39.99 depending on size and colour (also available on Amazon). Available in all sizes and colours as of Thursday 29/4 at 10:00. Delivery is £3.99 Royal Mail, can upgrade to DPD next day.
Has some decent write ups. No, it is not a MIPs, super-lightweight, TT sprint helmet, just a basic, low-end helmet that seems to do the job.
Can't comment on how good or comfy it is as yet, but will update once mine arrives. Bought it as a spare/second helmet to my usual road helmet for hacking around town in and leaving tied to the bike when I park it up.
There is a review of the (downgrade) Carnac Croix helmet here, with a mention of the Podium SL "upgrade":bikeperfect.com/reviews/carnac-croix-road-and-gravel-helmet-review
The blurb is below:
- With 26 air vents, you can be sure it will help keep you cool on even the hottest summer rides. The Carnac Podium delivers protection and comfort in equal measure.
- Using a single-shot moulded construction ensures that the hard shell of the Podium offers maximum protection. Fused to the EPS core we know of no tougher way to construct a helmet.
- Internal channels limit airflow at higher speeds
- Ag-Ion treated anti-bacterial comfort pads allow you to optimise the fit while a 3-way adjustable occipital cradle offers a huge range of adjustment and easy fitting.
- If it's time to you upgraded your old bike helmet to something better we suggest that you're ready to step up to the Podium.
- X-Small / Small 51-54 cm
- Medium / Large 54-58cm
- X-Large / XX-Large 57-61cmWeight: 230gms (SML)
Tags: cycling, bike helmet, cycle helmet, road helmet