Having just bought the Silvercrest Vacuum sealer from Lidl's this weekend to help keep food fresh & being a lover of a nice bit of rib-eye steak. I decided to look into a Sous Vide bath & came across ths 6.5 Litre Russell Hobbs Slow Cooker and Sous Vide Water Bath with Integrated Digital Display and Rack Frame going for less than half price on Amazon. Dont know how good this is as a Sous Vide bath but as you get a slow cooker as well, seems like a pretty good deal.
It currentely has an estimated delivery time of 1-2 months but this is very rarely the case as Amazon tend to send items out as soon as new stocks are sourced which is usually a lot sooner than the estimated time.
UPDATE: Also available at Robert Dyas with free delivery using code 'FREEDEL50' robertdyas.co.uk/rus…ate
- 3 Way to cook - sous vide, slow cooker or temperature probe. We’re letting you experience the very best of cooking, giving you the freedom to cook in 3 different ways, All with this one appliance.
- Sous vide - the professional chefs’ cooking secret; simply drop in your ingredients, choose your setting and you’re ready to go. You don’t even need to keep an eye on your food whilst it’s cooking.
- Classic slow cooker - you can cook hearty home-cooked favourites From chicken curries and beef stews to your favourite chilli or even pulled pork.
- Temperature PROBE - whether you’re cooking a juicy roast chicken or a tender joint of beef to medium rare, the temperature probe makes sure it’s cooked to perfection.
- 2 year manufactures guarantee - Plus 1 extra year when you register the product online.