Looks great for under £200 (Just)
If you're relatively new and looking at some of the £150 models anyway, that aren't solid tops then this will probably tickle your fancy. Even for those that have been playing for years, this one is worth a nosey for the specs. Worth noting that it also has a bone nut and saddle
Delivery is freeSpecifications
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Body Top Material: Roasted Solid Spruce
- Body Side Material: Mahogany
- Body Back Material: Mahogany
- Body Binding: Herringbone
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Scale: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood / Rolled Fretboard Edges
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Frets: 2.0mm Small
- String Nut: Bone Nut, 43mm Width
- String Saddle: Bone Saddle, 72mm Width
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Neck Joint: Dove Tail Joint
- Pickups: 1 Piezo(under Saddle), 1 Condenser Mic.
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone, Mic Mix
- Electronics: Sire SIB Acoustic EQ System
- Knobs: Sire Acoustic Soft Knob
- Tuning Gear: Sire Acoustic Diecasting Standard
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Solid Roasted Spruce Top - For this price you'll be hard-pressed to find another acoustic with a solid top, and certainly not a roasted top. Compared to a laminate top, a solid top is more expensive and offers a fuller, clearer and louder tone. The roasted top gives it even more projection and a warmer tone.
- Rolled Rosewood Fingerboard - 2 things you never find on £200 acoustic guitars: a rolled fingerboard, and Rosewood - yet this has both! Rosewood is a rare and highly coveted wood, that has a an addictively smooth feel and a rich tone. Rolling the fingerboards is a time-intensive process that makes all the difference to how it feels. As you play, you'll notice that your hand fits so comfortably around the neck without a single sharp spot, for a wonderful played-in feel.
- Sire Preamp - This system combines a classic under-saddle piezo pickup that you will have heard a thousand times with a condenser microphone inside the body which adds the warmth and dynamic range that a piezo lacks for an extremely balanced and inspiring electro-acoustic sound! The preamp also has an onboard EQ to finetune your sound exactly as you like it!
- Construction - The A3 is made using classic woods with a touch of Larry Carlton magic. The body consists of a laminated mahogany back and sides and a roasted solid spruce top, resulting in great warmth and all-encompassing sound projection. Roasting, otherwise known as baking, is a favoured Sire design method ensuring longevity and enhances the resonance and projection of the instrument! You'll be hard-pressed to find many other guitars that have a solid Spruce top in this price range. Compared to a laminate top it has a fuller sound with more projection for an overall better sound and more enjoyable playing experience!
- Sire always produce on the playability front. The luxurious “C” shape neck feels effortless to play, matched with the flat 16” rosewood fretboard and those glorious rolled edges. The A3 is also a stylistically modern acoustic, adorned with herringbone binding and bar inlays.
- Dreadnought size - Dreadnought guitars posses loud acoustic properties and deliver in a full low-to-mid frequency range. They're perfect in larger band settings, but also pleasantly fill out a room when played solo. A great and popular all-rounder.
- Electronics - Plug the A3 acoustic into a mixer/PA system when you need to tap into higher volume levels. Thanks to the onboard SIB Acoustic EQ System, you're able to blend the inbuilt piezo under saddle pickup and condenser microphone together to recreate accurate acoustic tones.