Found 17th Nov 2017Edited by:"EQL"
FTL: Faster Than Light is provided via Steam key for Windows, Mac, and Linux. FTL: Faster Than Light is also provided DRM-Free for Windows, Mac, and Linux.For key redemption, a free Steam or account is required.
****New Content Available****
The free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, is available now! Content additions include: new alien race, events, weapons, playable ships, drones, and more! Also adds additional musical tracks by Ben Prunty, and events by Tom Jubert and guest writer Chris Avellone.
Anyone who has purchased the game already only needs to download the new version from their download page. Advanced Edition is free for anyone who purchases the game from this point forward.
Captain a spaceship delivering critical intelligence to the Federation while being chased down by rebels in the top-down space strategy game FTL: Faster Than Light. Manage your crew through one-on-one ship combat and life or death situations, while making sure they don't die from lack of oxygen, fires, or shots from one of an arsenal of weapons. Random scenarios make each trip through the galaxy one full of surprises and challenges.
- Complex Strategic Gameplay - Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Play at Your Own Speed - Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Unique Lifeforms and Technology – Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of six diverse alien races.
- Be the Captain You Want - Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Randomized Galaxy
- Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- No Second Chances!
- Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
FTL: Faster Than Light won the Excellence in Design and the Audience Award at the 2013 Independent Games Festival. It was also named Best Debut at the 2012 Game Developers Choice Awards and Best Short-form Game of 2012 by PC Gamer.
FTL: Faster Than Light Metacritic: 84% (42 critics, 8.4 from 1342 users), Steam: Overwhelmingly Positive 96% (28214 reviews)
TotalBiscuit's review was complimentary: WTF Is... - FTL - Faster Than Light ?, he liked it so much he put it as his 3rd best game of 2012.
It was this price back in September.