Found 17th Dec 2017Edited by:"kandinsky"
A very nice whisky indeed, and even better at this price
- On the nose it is fragrant with citrus (orange peel), flowers (freesia), spice, and a hint of cream-filled choux pastry. Water pulls out more of the weighty malty notes. The palate is a mid-weight in a malt that's softer than the nose initially suggests. Great momentum in the mouth with cranachan, soft baked fruits, fruit cake, syrup, apricot and malt. It dances on the tongue with a finish that bursts into life.
- Water pulls out more of the weighty malty notes
- Great momentum in the mouth with cranachan, soft baked fruits, fruit cake, syrup, apricot and malt
- 2015 Silver Outstanding Medal Winner - International Wine & Spirits Competition
- IWSC Awards Tasting Note: Well contained nose opens with some ripe orange with a hint of peat in the distance. Sultanas and dried apricot are there with some hints of cocoa. Full in the mouth where rich malt makes a statement. Well integrated oak. Another whisp of smoke in long finish.