About this deal
- The Deveron 10 Year Old Single Malt Highland Rare Coastal Scotch is a rich and fruity whisky for all, brimming with toffee, crisp apple and nutty notes
- The Deveron Single Malt has a taste of fresh apple, hazelnuts and nut oil, with notes of toffee and plum jam; there’s fruity sweetness on a baked cereal base, with creamy oak and a long dry finish
- An approachable single malt whisky produced in Scotland’s most north-easterly distillery, by the river Deveron; it’s crafted with a fresh, clean, distillery character, and aged in the finest oak casks
- The Distillery sits on the banks of the river Deveron, just before its calm waters join the icy North Sea – offering sanctuary in a bracing place
- The Deveron 10 Scotch Whisky is a dram to be enjoyed neat, on the rocks, with a splash of water or in cocktails
- Distilled at the Banks of the River Deveron.
The Deveron 10 Year Old is an approachable and comforting single malt Scotch whisky that’s perfect to embrace after spending time in the great outdoors. This dram has a tang of coastal air about it. The distillery is set up to produce a light, fruity spirit that’s replete with apple tones and nutty notes. It’s long been loved by mariners, but it’s also the perfect fireside single malt for anyone seeking a cozy dram or a great mixed drink.
The production of The Deveron Scotch Whisky is set up to craft a dram with a clean, fresh distillery character. It then spends 10 years resting in the finest oak casks. The result is a leading taste of fresh apple, while notes of hazelnuts and nut oil develop alongside toffee and plum jam. There’s a pleasant fruity sweetness on a baked cereal base, with creamy oak and a long, dry finish. The Deveron 10 single malt whisky is perfect served neat, on the rocks, with a splash of water or as part of a cocktail.
The Deveron malt whisky is produced in the Macduff distillery, which was built in 1960 by four entrepreneurial Scots. A practical production approach saw the introduction of shell and tube condensers (where the vapour is cooled back into liquid) into the first gravity-fed scotch whisky distillery. This method allowed us to reduce both production costs and our environmental impact. The Deveron’s still house is unique - an uneven number of stills and our unusual horizontal condensers gently coax character from the spirit. The Deveron whisky has been awarded a Silver Outstanding in the Wine & Spirits Competition in 2017 (UK), a Silver in the International Wine and Spirit Competition in 2021 (UK), and a Gold in the International Spirits Challenge in 2021 (UK).
Whether it’s by the fireside or at a summer BBQ, The Deveron is a great single malt Scotch to be enjoyed by all.
More details at Waitrose