★★★★★ “A vision and roadmap for how you can start having a positive impact on the world.” —Alex Stephany, CEO, Beam
★★★★★ “A must-read for all purpose-seekers” —Rebecca Fraser-Thill, Senior Contributor, Forbes
★★★★★ “Reframe your expectations of work, and turbo-boost your purpose." —Caroline Pay, CCO, Headspace If you feel unfulfilled at work, you may be experiencing the purpose myth; the lie that the work you do for income must also fulfil your life’s purpose.
From award-winning strategist and social entrepreneur
Charlotte Cramer, The Purpose Myth provides a powerful argument for, and practical steps towards, reclaiming your life’s purpose.
This book is for you, if:
- You feel unfulfilled and stuck at work ✓
- You want to learn why purpose is a core human need ✓
- You want to ignite your entrepreneurial spirit ✓
- You want to make a difference in the world and get unstuck ✓
How have we got here? When researchers found that people will happily accept a pay cut if they believe that their job fulfils a greater purpose, HR departments began advertising jobs as opportunities for purpose-fulfilment. Frustratingly, the banalities of office life haven’t lived up to the promise.
This has left millions of workers—in almost every industry—utterly unfulfilled at work.
Charlotte Cramer shares a proven, step-by-step guide to finding and fulfilling purpose
all in a few hours a week, without sacrificing your salary.
You will learn:
- Why work isn’t working ✓
- How to find, reclaim, and fulfil your purpose ✓
- What is design thinking and social innovation strategy how to use it ✓
- What makes a newsworthy Purpose Project ✓
- How DIY PR can get you top-tier press and TV news coverage ✓
- How to become a side hustle social entrepreneur ✓
- How to create a measurable social impact ✓
- How to use this to transform your career and life ✓
The advice is based on Cramer’s academic research in neuroscience and co-founding the award-winning Purpose Project, CRACK +CIDER
, which has helped over 40,000 people experiencing homelessness; landed her interviews on BBC, ITV, and CBS news; resulted in speaking gigs to audiences of 2,000 people; and earned coverage in The Guardian, SF Chronicle, and Fast Company, among many others.Packed with practical advice and worksheets
with downloadable and printable versions, The Purpose Myth will give you newfound motivation to explore, identify, and fulfil purpose by changing the world, all in your spare time.