Please forgive my ignorance. How does one use this type of router
Unfortunately, this deal has expired 2 October 2022.
Posted 7 September 2022
TP-Link Portable 3G/4G Wireless N Router - £18.49 @ Amazon
About this deal
This deal is expired. Here are some options that might interest you:
About this item
- Wireless N Speed – 300Mbps Wi-Fi speed meets your daily internet needs
- Easy Bandwidth Management– Bandwidth Control allocates necessary speed of each connected device to ensure quality of multimedia streaming
- Intuitive Web UI – Ensures quick and simple Installation without hassle
- Fast Encryption – One-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button
- Guest Network and Parental Controls - Keeps your main network secure by creating a separate network for friends and visitors; Restricts internet access time and contents for children devices
You may also like
29 Commentssorted by
- How does this work ?
- It was brilliant piece of hardware back in 2014, now just add few quid and go for GL-Inet AR300M - much better device.
Currently £30 on big online store starting with "a" but can be found cheaper if you wait for good deal
- I use this pretty much every time I travel, but not for 3G/4G/5G. They are useful for creating your own network off of other WiFi; for example, if you have a chromecast you can get around a hotel login screen and prevent other users not on your own WiFi controlling it. Also if you have to pay per device for WiFi (cruise for example), you can connect through this to distribute it to many.
- What we found with ours is it works really well when in use but then goes to sleep when not being used so couldn't use it for a remote camera. Never found a setting to avoid this. Great price by the way. (edited)
- Is it unlocked for all Sims ?
- Is it better to just get a Nokia lumia and use as hotspot???
- I have this, you need a dongle to insert sim. Benefit of this device is you can also use ethernet port for console, laptop etc
- Wait, so this is just a router - you need another bit of kit to connect it to the Internet? Can barely see the point. Why not just buy a portable hotspot, if you don't want to use your phone?
- Can this be used to replace a faulty router whilst i wait for an engineer visit?
- Does anyone know if this can be used with a 5g dongle?