Posted 31st Aug 2019
£1,944 upfront and then 23 payments of £216 per month, total £6,912 for two years at 10,000 miles per annum.
Here is the cheapest two year personal lease deal I can currently find for 10k miles p.a. on the fully electric VW e-Golf 5 door hatchback.
Specification includes amongst other things;-
- 8 inch touchscreen entertainment system with DAB, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 16 inch alloy wheels with low rolling resistance tyres
- Full LED headlights
- Rear LED lights with sweeping indicator function
- Dual zone climate control
- Leather wrapped height and reach adjustable multi-function steering wheel
- Remote electrically folding door mirrors
- Adaptive cruise control with front assist and city braking
- Heated windscreen
- Automatic lights and windscreen wipers
- Two charging cables (mode 2 mains cable and mode 3 chargepoint cable)
It's a lease, so straight away it won't appeal to everyone. But it is a relatively low cost introduction to running a brand new fully electric vehicle. Other benefits include;-
- No vehicle tax to pay
- Manufacturers warranty included for the full term of the lease
- Breakdown cover included for the full term of the lease
- No congestion charge to pay
- No ULEZ charge to pay
- Official range of 144 miles per charge (120 miles real world range), so savings of at least £500 per year in fuel costs vs an equivalent diesel engine Golf, or even more savings if you are able to charge at a lower off peak rate, or 'free' electric at a chargepoint e.g. while at work.
- No worries about unexpected depreciation caused by advances in technology of electric vehicles or falling popularity of combustion engine vehicles.
Manufacturers on the road price is £31,075 (or £27,575 after the government grant). The 'free' colour is Urano Grey, metallic paint is available at an extra £21 per month approx., up to you to decide whether that's worth it. Other profiles are available with lower upfront costs, different terms and mileage allowances, so you can save a bit more if you don't need 10k p.a.
Hopefully this deal will be of some benefit to someone. Before anyone asks, insurance is not included!