Found 5th Oct 2008
Hi,
I got a new contract on 02 today from instore (iPhone) but I have just had some news today so I don't need it. I've not made any phone calls or texts on it but I have activated it. Can I return it?

9 Comments

Yes you get a 14 day cooling off period..

I also think you get a 14 day cooling off period on contract phones. ;-) Ring O2 to check!

Original Poster

Thats what I'd hope you'd say! What should I say?

Just make an excuse and say you can no longer afford the monthly payments.

Yep, the 14 day cancellation period is still valid whether you have used anything or not. Obviously if you have registered the sim card and used any minutes etc then they will bill you for them but as far as the contract goes then your pretty much free and legally entitled to cancel it no excuses needed.

You should have received a return leaflet and information with your pack, to be on the safe side call them up and confirm the cancellation then follow any instructions they have with regards to returning the package and that as they ...is that.

Cheers.

What news did you receive to not want the iphone may I ask?

Banned

Yeh, you are fine to give it back. I did the same (though it was because I didnt think much of the phone!)

Original Poster

Thanks people

I'll pop back to the 02 shop today say I can't afford the tariff!

Original Poster

Took it back no problem. Just said I didn't want the 18 month deal. Full refund
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769526
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114653
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2535
    4. word association Game74244927

See more discussions