Groups
    EXPIRED

02 Dongle

Is there a way to unlock the dongle so I can put a different network sim in?
    Will a mobile phone sim work in this or does a dongle have a special sim?
    Thanks

14 Comments

My brother opened mine onto 3 and he used a mobile phone sim, but hes on holiday so don't know how he did it but someone else will probably know.

What dongle is it?

radiocde;5513654

What dongle is it?

o2 I got it out of littlewoods direct catalogue for £10 but o2 was very slow the 3 is really good

Original Poster

It's an O2 dongle

DarkHero;5514258

It's an O2 dongle

O2 have used a few different dongles over the years it's not a silly question.

Assuming you are using an E160 and are using o2's connection manager.

This is how you enter the settings for the 3 network others will need different settings

open 'configure profiles'

highlight 'cellular' then at the bottom click 'new'

add a profile name just put 'three'

open connection setings

The APN is "3internet" (without quotes)

no password or username is needed for 3

click ok then ok then connect

This is assuming you have the dongle from littlewoods that was shipped unlocked. If it is locked I can unlock it for you.

Original Poster

Thanks, will look into it later as I have left the dongle at home, btw, what happens to my current credit as I have 20 days left?

DarkHero;5515321

Thanks, will look into it later as I have left the dongle at home, btw, … Thanks, will look into it later as I have left the dongle at home, btw, what happens to my current credit as I have 20 days left?

The credit will stay with the sim. It will not be affected.

Original Poster

What is the best network at the minute?
    And will the dongles take any mobile phone sim or does it have to be a mobile broadband sim?

jeany123;5512879

My brother opened mine onto 3 and he used a mobile phone sim, but hes on … My brother opened mine onto 3 and he used a mobile phone sim, but hes on holiday so don't know how he did it but someone else will probably know.

DarkHero;5515406

What is the best network at the minute?And will the dongles take any … What is the best network at the minute?And will the dongles take any mobile phone sim or does it have to be a mobile broadband sim?

yes it will use any mobile sim

Original Poster

The dongle seems unlocked as it has recognised the vodafone sim, Using the o2 connection manager but can't get it to work, no credit on the sim yet though.

DarkHero;5532396

The dongle seems unlocked as it has recognised the vodafone sim, Using … The dongle seems unlocked as it has recognised the vodafone sim, Using the o2 connection manager but can't get it to work, no credit on the sim yet though.

These are the settings for vodafone

APN - - - - - - - - - - - pp.vodafone.co.uk
    Access number - - -*99#
    Username - - - - - -- web
    Password - - - - - - - web[/QUOTE]

Original Poster

Will it work without credit on the sim, don't want toi spend £15 topping it up if it won't work, tried the above setting but no luck.

DarkHero;5533695

Will it work without credit on the sim, don't want toi spend £15 topping … Will it work without credit on the sim, don't want toi spend £15 topping it up if it won't work, tried the above setting but no luck.

Erm ?

The only way it may work is if you went onto a vodafone top up screen. 3network let you do this. But as you are not using vodafone software then no. and I dont know any links for this.

Other than that it won't work unless you put money on it.

Original Poster

Thanks Radio, put credit in and have got it working.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876390
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder55
      3. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      4. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25104

See more discussions