Groups

02 Iphone cellular date connection down?!

Anyone else on 02 with an iphone experiencing this problem?! seems like there are a few posting on the 02 forum..... i can only get on the net if i am connected to a wi-fi and not through 02

Hopefully solved soon!!

Link to the discussion on forum - forum.o2.co.uk/vie…968

15 Comments

Banned

Funnily I just rang them (but they shut on Sunday at 6pm)

My missus hasn't been able to connect all day (dunno why, she had WiFi switched off)... they did have a recorded message saying there was problems with GRPS.

More importantly for me................

For some reason (and it happens on both mine and my missus), the screen keeps blinking on and off when making a call and cuts out completely after a very short period and "home" doesn't bring it back. A nightmare when you dont know if youve disconnected or got a answer phone service where you have to use the keypad.

Original Poster

yeah apparantly its been down all day, its highlighting to me how much i use it now though oops :whistling:

go to settings>general>network>cellular data network and change APN from idata.o2.co.uk to mobile.o2.co.uk. Internet should now work until o2 sort the problem out then change it back later.

mines been working fine on idata..

I am admin for our BlackBerry servers and our devices are on O2. Because of this I have been getting messages all day about the network issues, last update was 4.43pm saying cause still unknown and investigations are still ongoing :thumbsup:

In case anyone still cares ...I received this at 03.14 this morning....

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that service has been fully restored following the fault affecting MobileWeb and idata APN’s Nationwide.

If you have any questions relating to this service communication please contact your Customer Services Team on their usual telephone number, quoting Case Reference 5715414

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

mosskeeto;7289495

In case anyone still cares ...I received this at 03.14 this … In case anyone still cares ...I received this at 03.14 this morning....Dear Customer,We are pleased to inform you that service has been fully restored following the fault affecting MobileWeb and idata APN’s Nationwide.If you have any questions relating to this service communication please contact your Customer Services Team on their usual telephone number, quoting Case Reference 5715414We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Brilliant, thank you

another update....

10.00 today

Dear Customer,

We currently have a problem affecting WAP, PayandGo, idata APN's and MMS services nationwide . We’re working on a fix and will keep you up to date with our progress.

If you have any questions relating to this service communication please contact your Customer Services Team on their usual number quoting Case Reference 5717215

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Could anyone confirm what APN settings you are using?

Thanks

another update at 11.25...

Dear Customer,

Following on from our earlier email regarding a fault affecting our WAP, PayandGo, idata APN’s, MMS nationwide please note that this is now also affecting Visual Voicemail.

If you have any questions relating to this service communication please contact your Customer Services Team on their usual telephone number, quoting Case Reference 5717215.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

If you want me to stop just say but this may affect a lot of iPhone users..

Hi

I'm on a simplicity contract, can someone confirm the APN settings for Cellular Data?

Is it wap.o2.co.uk?

Cheers

Original Poster

Mine is fine today and my settings have been mentioned in posts above

Cheers pal. but I'm using wap.o2.co.uk because even before this issue it was on idata.02.co.uk and it never worked?

Mine was working, now it isn't.

If Im using wap.o2.co.uk as the wap settings..and it works..is this alright?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5062535
      2. Should Cyclists pay road tax and insurance?89
      3. Samsung Note 81120
      4. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!1117

See more discussions