Groups

02 Mobile contracts

Looking at getting a contract & would like to stay with 02 as I have been with them for years but looking at the 3 network, I can get so much more for my money.

For example....

On 3 for £25 a month I could get...

500 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    Free 3 -3 calls
    Free Skype (could call my sister in Australia)
    Facebook & MSN Messenger
    Free phone (nothing special though)
    12 month contract

On 02 for the same £25 a month I would get...

200 minutes
    400 texts
    Free 02 - 02 calls
    Free phone (again nothing special)
    18 month contract

The 02 doesnt seem to have anything going for it apart from the fact my mates could text me for free with their 02 unlimited or 02 numbers.

If I phoned 02, are they likely to match deals at all to get a new monthly customer?

Would love to stay with them but their offers are terrible compared to 3....

Cheers
    James

16 Comments

no idea but that 3 deal looks decent.... is the facebook and msn free tooo?

YES!!

I had exactly the same situation. Phoned 02, told them about the 3 deal I could get and asked if there was anything they could do.

They came back at me with a very good deal.

To be honest, they seemed quite desperate to lock people into contracts. Don't be surprised if the operator offers to come and do your ironing!!

Original Poster

Yeah thats free, only thing annoying me is that some of my mates wont text back people not on 02 because they have 02 unlimited & no credit so cant, thats only a few though so I might just go for it.

Im on o2,through the o2 website have been for years and my contract is 420 mins any network (20 are the o2 treat), 1000 texts, 1mb internet. It costs £18 a month on 18 month contract with a free phone! You can get a good deal out of them, its just bargaining with them!

Original Poster

thearbiter65;5174266

YES!!I had exactly the same situation. Phoned 02, told them about the 3 … YES!!I had exactly the same situation. Phoned 02, told them about the 3 deal I could get and asked if there was anything they could do. They came back at me with a very good deal.To be honest, they seemed quite desperate to look people into contracts. Don't be surprised if the operator offers to come and do your ironing!!

Thats great news! Like the sound of that then, will give them a call tomorrow :thumbsup: Reps!

thearbiter65;5174266

YES!!I had exactly the same situation. Phoned 02, told them about the 3 … YES!!I had exactly the same situation. Phoned 02, told them about the 3 deal I could get and asked if there was anything they could do. They came back at me with a very good deal.To be honest, they seemed quite desperate to look people into contracts. Don't be surprised if the operator offers to come and do your ironing!!

now, that would be a cracking deal :w00t:

i just upgraded
    i got 600min
    500txt
    unlimted net
    lg renoir 8g
    and another 8g card free

£25 amonth 18months

Hopefully no one took my last post to seriously, lol.....

But certainly they will offer you loads of extra little goodys.

I got:

a new phone (Sony C702)
    600 mins
    1000 texts
    unlimited 02 to 02 calls

Its on a 18 month deal BTW

£19.56 a month (was £20.00 before VAT reduction)

Just ask for retentions and say youve seen deals everywhere for the phone u want and u dont wanna pay too much! they helped my gf and we got the BB Curve 8900, unltd texts calls and internet for £25 a month

Original Poster

Does anyone know if you can get Skype & Face book on 02 at all or is that limited to the 3 network?

James...;5174424

Does anyone know if you can get Skype & Face book on 02 at all or is that … Does anyone know if you can get Skype & Face book on 02 at all or is that limited to the 3 network?

You can go onto the mobile version of facebook! I know that :thumbsup:

i get 1200 mins 1000 txts
    18 months
    unlimited web
    £30

o2

oh and pretty much any phone

Original Poster

spikeyjacko;5174464

You can go onto the mobile version of facebook! I know that :thumbsup:

Can you do the thing where it sends updates to your phone etc?

Says on the 3 website....

Sony Ericsson C510. Facebook is built into the heart of this sleek and social mobile, so your mates’ updates are sent straight to your home screen.

thomasc123;5174537

i get 1200 mins 1000 txts18 monthsunlimited web£30o2oh and pretty much … i get 1200 mins 1000 txts18 monthsunlimited web£30o2oh and pretty much any phone

I've got exactly the same package. Asked o2 to match a 3 promotion that they were running at the time and they did it without any problems.

marktuck;5174616

I've got exactly the same package. Asked o2 to match a 3 promotion that … I've got exactly the same package. Asked o2 to match a 3 promotion that they were running at the time and they did it without any problems.

wonder if they can do any better on my next upgrade but to be fair... i really dont need any more

I rang to cancel my contract in January after being on a cashback deal for 12 months. I said I was happy with my phone (just one of those basic ones you can use to make calls with!). They offered £150 credit to my account if I went on an 18 month contract at £10 per month for 200 minutes, 400 texts and unlimited O2 to O2 calls. £30 for 18 months suited me fine. After 18 months it goes to £25 but I will be ringing to cancel again at that point.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky Box Sets Help22
      2. Ideas to decorate bedroom23
      3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers33
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'22

See more discussions