02 Priority using an 02 sim card?

Found 7th Dec 2017
I have ordered a SIM card for 02 - one reason is that I can register for 02 Priority to get deals. I have inserted the free SIM card that was sent to me but the phone is not registering it. Am I right in thinking that the only way to get Priority and to register the SIM card is to actually top up by the minimum amount, which is £10 a month? If I do top up with the £10 for a month and register for the 02 Priority deals, after a month if I don't want to continue to make a second £10 payment, will I still be able to get the 02 Priority for the second month, and possibly afterwards? Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
sounds like the sim is not pre-activated so you will need to activate it by topping it up. the o2 priority app will continue to work on your phone after the sim deactivates if you dont top it up after the first month but it will stop working when there is an update for the app as then it wants a security code to start using the app again, which it sends to your o2 number.

i dont find o2 priority deals that great to spend even a pound on, let alone £10!
Thank you for letting me know.
Check the expiry date on the sim also
Sophiasky4 h, 30 m ago

Thank you for letting me know.

You need to get a code from o2 to make it work so have to activate the sim you might be able to receive it without credit though. We have it working on a couple of phones one was a free sim the other a refresh contract we cancelled in the first 14 days and the app still works no problems one must be about two years old now.
I have a contract o2 sim and 5 free sims, never topped them up and they all give me access to o2 priority, no activation was required the sims work immediately.

Is the phone locked to another network?

Buy a 99p o2 sim from a local shop and stick it in if the answer to the above question is no.

You 100% don't need to top up.
I went on to the O2 website and requested a free SIM, however, the one that they sent me says 'Data Hungry £10' on the cover (Pay As You Go). My phone is unlocked and have previously had an EE and a 3 SIM in it with no problems. When I put the O2 sim into my phone, it does not even register that there is a SIM in there at all.
Sophiasky22 m ago

I went on to the O2 website and requested a free SIM, however, the one …I went on to the O2 website and requested a free SIM, however, the one that they sent me says 'Data Hungry £10' on the cover (Pay As You Go). My phone is unlocked and have previously had an EE and a 3 SIM in it with no problems. When I put the O2 sim into my phone, it does not even register that there is a SIM in there at all.

Silly question but are you using the correct size sim?

I've had sims direct from o2 and never had to do anything other than put the sim in.
The SIM that I inserted (there were 3 sizes) is the same size as my Plusnet SIM that I currently have in my phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants