Groups

02 text cost abroad

Anyone know how much it costs to send a text message back to the UK from Turkey on a 02 mobile?

6 Comments

why not check the o2 webite????????

all i know is vodafone is 24p so o2 wont be much different

02 is 25p a text for definate i always use my mobile when im there cheaper than a phone card

Depends if its pay as you go or contract.
    If its contract it may just come out of your text allowance as 4 texts.
    You should call o2 to confirm this though.

International text messages sent abroad is 16p. It's on O2's website!

well i can definately say that 02 pay as you go do not charge 16p to send a message!!! they charge three times more!!! Prior to going, 02 told me they charged only 12p but I visited istanbul last week...and every time i sent a message to the UK, it costs me 50p!!! Dont even talk about calling!!! I called my friend who was with me on holiday in turkey who is also with 02 and her phone was switched off!!! It costs me £1.50!!!
    o2 is a rob job!!!

I went to Turkey last July and I came back with a £75 phone bill for only a couple of short calls
    I wasn't making the same mistake this year when I went in May I told everyone back home no calls at all. I'll only be texting to say there safe & sound etc. I did send about 8 texts and I thought I would have had a couple of £ to pay but when I got my bill I hadnt been billed at all for the texts so they must have come out my monthly allowance. Im on a simplicity contract.
    I think charges for texts and calls are much higher for PAYG.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767347
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927370
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445

See more discussions