07822 advice and noodles

6 replies
Found 14th Sep 2007
i found out about noodles on here (international calls via a 07822 number) so started using it via my vodafone. I kept checking my bill and then once the calls came through it came to £54 in calls despite noodles stating on site that ofcom has classified these numbers as mobile numbers from 1st august. A manager is looking into my claim and will call me. Meanwhile I called ofcom who said that vodafone will have to refund me the £54 as they class it as a mobile number so it should come out of my minutes.
My question/s are if they do refund me when vodafone realise peopel are using this number could they then say they are banning these numbers or blocking them even if they are classed as mobile numbers or could they send a letter saying they are going to start charging for 07822 (could people get out of their contract this way - not me as im on a cashback deal)
anyone else had similair experiences with vodafone about this?

1. Misc
  2. Noodles
7 Comments

Interesting and I admire your 'fight'. It's great to see people standing 'up' to the 'big' guys. Well Done.
As for Vodaphone, I can't stand them and I'd never use them again, but I should think if they change your T&C's you should be able to cancel your contract with them.

Original Poster

dinosteveus

Interesting and I admire your 'fight'. It's great to see people standing … Interesting and I admire your 'fight'. It's great to see people standing 'up' to the 'big' guys. Well Done.As for Vodaphone, I can't stand them and I'd never use them again, but I should think if they change your T&C's you should be able to cancel your contract with them.

thanks dino

see here

here
]http//ww…tml

: Will people pay extra to call my new number?
Ans: From 1st August 2007, Noodle Oodles numbers are UK mobile numbers. Ofcom will classify Noodle numbers as UK Mobile Service (for those of you that like technical information). If you are calling a Noodle number from a mobile phone and are on a calling plan, the airtime should be included in the minutes bundle you signed up to with your carrier. Noodle recommends that you check with your current service provider first to see if your carrier will apply the Noodle Oodles call to your calling plan.

Original Poster

marko4ever24

thanks dinosee herehere]http://www.noodle.co.uk/faq.html: Will people pay … thanks dinosee herehere]http://www.noodle.co.uk/faq.html: Will people pay extra to call my new number? Ans: From 1st August 2007, Noodle Oodles numbers are UK mobile numbers. Ofcom will classify Noodle numbers as UK Mobile Service (for those of you that like technical information). If you are calling a Noodle number from a mobile phone and are on a calling plan, the airtime should be included in the minutes bundle you signed up to with your carrier. Noodle recommends that you check with your current service provider first to see if your carrier will apply the Noodle Oodles call to your calling plan.

anyone had similiar experience

Original Poster

dinosteveus

Interesting and I admire your 'fight'. It's great to see people standing … Interesting and I admire your 'fight'. It's great to see people standing 'up' to the 'big' guys. Well Done.As for Vodaphone, I can't stand them and I'd never use them again, but I should think if they change your T&C's you should be able to cancel your contract with them.

THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY £74!! horray but they have put a note on my account saying i canbt use that number going to email ofcom they say its a mobile number.

marko4ever24

THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY £74!! horray but they have put a note on my … THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY £74!! horray but they have put a note on my account saying i canbt use that number going to email ofcom they say its a mobile number.

Good result. :-D
It will be interesting to see what OFCOM say.

marko4ever24

THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY £74!! horray but they have put a note on my … THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY £74!! horray but they have put a note on my account saying i canbt use that number going to email ofcom they say its a mobile number.

Think they have somewhere in their t&c's that call forwarding services are to be charged at a higher rate. Noodles is a call forwarding service so you are lucky to get your money back.

I have been debating these points for months on the niftylist forums. Have a read there and you'll get all the answers you could possibly need. Anything you're not sure of feel free to ask.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769235
    2. EA shuts down Visceral Games.22
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564099
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322821

See more discussions