Groups
    EXPIRED

0845 6830898 ANNOYING CALLS FROM THIS NUMBER

I keep getting calls from above number, when I call it back its an answer machine, and when I pick the call up someone hangs up. I have not idea who it is.... or why???!!!!

10 Comments

Banned

Google it!

I'm more or less sure this is the number I had calling me a few weeks back. I normally let numbers like that ring out, but I answered it and the person put the phone down. I was going to ring back but I googled the number and apparantly its some call centre that gains money by ringing mobile numbers, putting the phone down, letting that victim phone back probably saying;
    ''Ive just had this number ring me and was wondering who it was''
    ''Yes, just one moment sir/madam whilst I find out for you...''
    *Stupid hold music*

And you won't hear from them again. They've stopped calling me now though.

Is registering on TPS free?

I get a call everyday and it's so annoying!

ninj4z;3093106

Is registering on TPS free?I get a call everyday and it's so annoying!

Yes totally free

Thanks steevie, just wondering does it block out them automated calls non-human ones? :lol:

Hate them calls, run to the phone to hear some computerised voice! Rather speak to a salesman and give him a hard time!

ninj4z;3093209

Thanks steevie, just wondering does it block out them automated calls … Thanks steevie, just wondering does it block out them automated calls non-human ones? :lol:Hate them calls, run to the phone to hear some computerised voice! Rather speak to a salesman and give him a hard time!

I cant guarantee it but it gets rid of alot of the ............... :whistling:

supermod

It's just been in the news that] Barclays have been fined for making silent calls - an automated dialler rings tel numbers but if no one is available to take call at the Company when it connects, then you get a silent call. There are rules about how many companies are allowed to make :

According to Ofcom rules, companies using automated calls are only excused 3% of silent calls in any 24 hour period and each call must provide a recorded message identifying its source.

Sounds like this number is breaching those rules ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767233
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?813
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927345
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1010

See more discussions