Groups

0845 number to contact the JobCentre !!

Can't believe this, your out of a job and you have to call an 0845 number to speak to someone about a job!
    I know I could just go in but that's not the point, people are having it hard at this time and having to call an 0845 which is more than a national rate number is ludicrous

from an o2 mobile phone it's 20p a min

32 Comments

same as tax credits and DWP..crap aint it

Banned

thought o845 was local rate

Original Poster

It's out of order really, for the amount of money we pay in our National Insurance stamp we should at least be able to call them for standard rate

If you're with BT 0845 calls are free.

Original Poster

sassie

Only have a mobile in the house, when I call our local office on 01241 number the automated message says to call the 0845 number

crock of s***

yeah but, its free from a bt line in the evening and weekends.....oh but they arent open evening and weekends are they,gee i wonder if BT have realised they arent helping people much with that.

0845 numbers can often lead to a 'quicker' phonecall and are often at 1ppm anyways...

Banned

Calls are free at the job centre.

saynoto0870.com/

Original Poster

bazzaric

and are often at 1ppm anyways...

How do you mean Baz ?

Banned

What happened to your fab job?

Jimston

yeah but, its free from a bt line in the evening and weekends.....oh but … yeah but, its free from a bt line in the evening and weekends.....oh but they arent open evening and weekends are they,gee i wonder if BT have realised they arent helping people much with that.

Oh,is it only evenings and weekends,i don't have my calls with BT anyway,i thought it was free all the time.

Original Poster

The fab job ended, the company went into Admin

Administration on BBC

Banned

Jimston

yeah but, its free from a bt line in the evening and weekends.....oh but … yeah but, its free from a bt line in the evening and weekends.....oh but they arent open evening and weekends are they,gee i wonder if BT have realised they arent helping people much with that.

Gee i wonder if BT realise they are a business and have to make money rather than help people.
    Anyway they are free at any time if you have anytime calls.

Banned

saxo_appeal

The fab job ended, the company went into Admin Administration on BBC

Sorry to hear that.

Hope you find something great soon.

Being out of work sucks

Original Poster

No numbers for local rate

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/saxo_appeal/Job.png

Banned

saxo_appeal

No numbers for local rate

I know but in future go to the job centre or use that site for other 08 numbers.

Good luck!

Banned

It could be worse your doctor could be an 0844 number.

Banned

i dont suppose job centres expect people to be phoning them from mobiles

sassie

i dont suppose job centres expect people to be phoning them from mobiles

Why not? More people have mobiles than landlines these days. Besides, you pay for the call no matter how you call it.

Worst bit is its not just an 0845 number - they call is automatically answered by the routing system, then goes to an automated service, then when you choose the option you want, more often than not, goes to an engaged tone! (or keeps you on hold for 20 minutes!)

Banned

jah128

Why not? More people have mobiles than landlines these days. Besides, … Why not? More people have mobiles than landlines these days. Besides, you pay for the call no matter how you call it.Worst bit is its not just an 0845 number - they call is automatically answered by the routing system, then goes to an automated service, then when you choose the option you want, more often than not, goes to an engaged tone! (or keeps you on hold for 20 minutes!)

i have no idea, but as its expensive to call from a mobile to an 0845 i made the assumption they dont expect it, maybe they could sack a few of the workers that are oh so helpful and use the money to pay for an 0800 number
    Edited by: "sassie" 9th Sep 2010

Original Poster

@DLM I always use that site anyway mate, just couldn't find a local number

thanks dude

Banned

saxo_appeal

@DLM I always use that site anyway mate, just couldn't find a local … @DLM I always use that site anyway mate, just couldn't find a local number thanks dude

No trouble.

Plenty of work about at christmas time

Banned

saxo have you used the online site to look for jobs, they all listed there? or do you need to speak to someone, my whatever you call her gave me her direct number if i need to speak to her on an local number

Original Poster

It was for a job in Dundee, it's for them to send out an application form

That's another gripe I have lol

Why do you have to fill in their application forms over and over again for each and every job, why can't they just have a system where you upload your CV

It's a Saxo rant today, sorry folks....just desperate for a job as I have a family now

Banned

well rant away, know the feeling and good luck in finding a job
    Edited by: "sassie" 9th Sep 2010

Why don't you just go into the centre and phone from there where it will be free?

Banned

saxo_appeal

It was for a job in Dundee, it's for them to send out an application form … It was for a job in Dundee, it's for them to send out an application form That's another gripe I have lol Why do you have to fill in their application forms over and over again for each and every job, why can't they just have a system where you upload your CVIt's a Saxo rant today, sorry folks....just desperate for a job as I have a family now

Job-hunting is the pits.

Sorry to hear about your job .. I hope something turns up for you.

sassie

From most landlines. Mobile charge their own rates

Have you logged your details at .totaljobs.com/Job…spx.

I have just got back into work after 3 months and this site worked for me.

One other tip if you change key words in your CV each week it will go back to the top of the pile in the recruitment companies search facility.
    Good luck!

Original Poster

Nice one

thanks for the help all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. That’s Life Magazine Issue 33 ends 28th August2626
      2. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      4. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977