Groups

0870 numbers now 0844 numbers

I am getting really annoyed wqith companies that before had an 0870 number but have changed to 0844 which is now chargable on most anytime phone packages.

Soon all companies will go down this line so having 0845 and 0870 numbers for free in your package wont matter!!!

aaahhh rant over, what do you all think?

9 Comments

]saynoto8070
    up there with this site for saving you money (although this site costs you money)

The above site is indeed the way around this, but I was also very angry when just about every company going moved their numbers to 0844/0871 numbers. What's worst is places like doctors surgeries doing it... They all harp on about it being 'local rate', except that it's not if you call from a mobile (which the majority will these days). I just don't see the need, the landline number they had previously was local rate from both landline and mobile.

cookiemonster83;8796523

The above site is indeed the way around this, but I was also very angry … The above site is indeed the way around this, but I was also very angry when just about every company going moved their numbers to 0844/0871 numbers. What's worst is places like doctors surgeries doing it... They all harp on about it being 'local rate', except that it's not if you call from a mobile (which the majority will these days). I just don't see the need, the landline number they had previously was local rate from both landline and mobile.

They generate income.

I try to avoid companies that use them, but it isn't always possible.

I certainly avoid retailers that use them.

Phone 0844 3536 3722 if you think they should ban these numbers.

dontasciime;8797007

They generate income.

Oh really? I had that in my mind as the only reason why they would do it, but I didn't think the local rate ones generated money? What a bloody inconvenience.

These numbers are a rip off and are so annoying, I had to use an 0845 number this week and gave the company I phoned over £900 worth of business and I had to give them more profit on on top.

And before you ask yes I could have done it online but I neeed to know product availabilty before I placed the order.

From recall Offcom were clamping down on 0870 so 0844 happens which can still generate income but has not got as bad a name yet.as the 0870 numbers so abuse can happen for a while longer. Offcom say they will sort out anyone abusing the 0844. :right.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764642
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4101801
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2389
      4. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1014

See more discussions