Groups

09064033000 number appears on my contract and I never phoned it

on my phone running my bill to £90, I have been in contact with 02 and they claim the calls was made from my phone. phonrepayplus said it was a chatline! I have never phoned this number, other people claiming that they have the same problem whocallsme.com/Pho…000

has anyone had anything like this happen to them

10 Comments

You may have been bluejacked. Take your phone into a store of your network, and ask them to check the settings to see if you have been. May need to do a full system update/format to remove. Google Bluejacking.

£90... this is shocking... Will O2 refund you the money?

Thats it... no one is ever borrowing or using my phone!

I think the same has happened to me.
    This premium number keeps coming up on my bill when i have never phoned them. Its also a works mobile.

I telephoned the details i was given, found an email address and wrote stinking email to the company. It hasnt happened since.

kyalion;5859917

You may have been bluejacked. Take your phone into a store of your … You may have been bluejacked. Take your phone into a store of your network, and ask them to check the settings to see if you have been. May need to do a full system update/format to remove. Google Bluejacking.

I did Google it and read at bit about it but other than disable Bluetooth I dont see why you need " to do a full system update/format to remove". What else are they able to do?
    It looked like they look for open Bluetooth connections and use them... cheers :thumbsup:

yeah, just leave blutooth off lol!

Banned

LOL. I can't believe the bull in this thread.

The chance that the call was made via someone hacking the bluetooth protocol is slightly less than 0, the chance someone could have sent you a duff contact... meh unlikely but possible.

My views? Talk to your kids about it, or don't leave your phone unattended.

But most of all, don't believe the crap spouted in the first few posts here

vibeone;5861313

LOL. I can't believe the bull in this thread.The chance that the call … LOL. I can't believe the bull in this thread.The chance that the call was made via someone hacking the bluetooth protocol is slightly less than 0, the chance someone could have sent you a duff contact... meh unlikely but possible.My views? Talk to your kids about it, or don't leave your phone unattended.But most of all, don't believe the crap spouted in the first few posts here

You've not been bluejacked then? I have.
    They got into my settings to change one so that all my calls were diverted through an 0900 number first, making any call I made at least £2/min. Orange told me that an update was neccessary to wipe all the original stuff off and override the 0900 number settings.

Just my experience.

Banned

whoops

someones being phoning the deviant line and been caught out!

Original Poster

vibeone;5861313

LOL. I can't believe the bull in this thread.The chance that the call … LOL. I can't believe the bull in this thread.The chance that the call was made via someone hacking the bluetooth protocol is slightly less than 0, the chance someone could have sent you a duff contact... meh unlikely but possible.My views? Talk to your kids about it, or don't leave your phone unattended.But most of all, don't believe the crap spouted in the first few posts here

my kids are 2 and 1 so I don't think they had anything to do with it! and also I never leave my phone unattended:)

Original Poster

zish_uk;5860161

£90... this is shocking... Will O2 refund you the money?Thats it... no … £90... this is shocking... Will O2 refund you the money?Thats it... no one is ever borrowing or using my phone!

they said they will look into it:roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3721444
      2. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX22
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514151
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764604

See more discussions