Found 4th May 2008

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
3 Comments

suppose it could be done theoretically.. the cost would far outweigh the demand though and the size of the board would be huuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

In the case of the xbox certainly, it is just a pc anyway so all would be needed would be access to ms's source code and appropriate level hardware, dunno bout the ps3 but i read somewhere it uses a video chipset that used to be in pc's anyway the nvidia 6800 series i think it was

maddogb;2026646

In the case of the xbox certainly, it is just a pc anyway so all would be … In the case of the xbox certainly, it is just a pc anyway so all would be needed would be access to ms's source code and appropriate level hardware, dunno bout the ps3 but i read somewhere it uses a video chipset that used to be in pc's anyway the nvidia 6800 series i think it was

The Xbox uses the NV2A graphics card, not exactly the same as any desktop graphics card but basically a mix between the GeForce3 and GeForce4.

For the older systems it would be possible to combine the various components on a card, this is how the original PS3's offer backwards compatibility - the slimline PS2 has most of its hardware on a single chip now. For something like the Xbox though it would be pretty much impossible to do the same as Intel owns the processor and Nvidia the graphics card and motherboard.

For the Xbox 360 and PS3, both systems are far too complex for current manufacturing technologies to place on a single small board.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69778
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions