Groups

4 Comments

Fortune-tellers, astrologers and mediums are among those affected by the rules, which require them to say their services are for "entertainment only"

what lol gobbledy goop

raptorcigs;2182761

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7416809.stmWHAT WILL THIS MEAN ON A … http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7416809.stmWHAT WILL THIS MEAN ON A HUKD DEAL ON LINE OR A PRICING ERROR?THIS WILL BE INTERESTING

Don't think it will affect deal sites etc as they aren't selling anything. Would only apply if say HMV advertised DS lites at £60 in a mailshot but only had 500 in stock :lol:

One thing i'm not sure on is the rule about trying to convince people to buy items that they don't really want/need. Maybe 'club/membership' businesses will fall foul of that one......

Harry Hodder, a retired factory worker from Nottingham, is one such … Harry Hodder, a retired factory worker from Nottingham, is one such person. He spent £250 replying to bogus prize draw letters promising him millions."One promised £75,000 was owed to me and I thought I could get my own bungalow, but now I know where this junk mail goes ...in the shredder," he said.

Reminds me of what happened to the security guard (also an ex-factory worker, as it happens) of a shop I used to work at. He bought a paper and found one of those cheap scratchcards in it, scratched away, and found that he'd won. Everybody wins these cards, but he didn't know that. He dutifully topped up his mobile phone with £15 of credit and called the premium rate line to claim his prize, and, after ten minutes of going through the system to claim his prize, he was ready to give his home address details to the operator. He began reading it out, and his phone beeped - his credit expired and cut the call off.

Ouch. He was not a happy man.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions