Groups

25 Comments

-7.7 outside and 18 inside...

-8 this morning, not sure what it was during the night.

-3 when driving in this morning, at least the beer is getting chilled in the shed for tonight. :lol:

I'm so hot atm Rappy ... ODB suggested there is no need to iron anything as your natural body heat makes the creases drop out, so I have on 15 t shirts & six pr's of trousers atm.. sweltering!!! still very crinkled .. am I doing it wrong?

Too damn warm 25.5C- Office aircon not feeding cold air in because it's too cold outside.

]http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/6472/tempfw5.jpg

-5C this morning on the way to work.

-6 outside and not much warmer inside !!

It is actually colder now than it was in the middle of the night !!

Stupid username ............hottoshop !

kemo;3965477

-3 when driving in this morning, at least the beer is getting chilled in … -3 when driving in this morning, at least the beer is getting chilled in the shed for tonight. :lol:

Let's hope they dont freeze!!
    Don't know the temp although after this mornings school run i can't feel my legs!

Banned

mild for me, about 20C for room temp, nice.........

the heating is on 30 but im still freezin :-(

the boilers old and knackered but the landlord wont change it

raptorcigs;3965965

Has It Been Inspected? If Not Get Him To Do So If He/she Refuses They Are … Has It Been Inspected? If Not Get Him To Do So If He/she Refuses They Are Breaking The Law And Putting You At Risk

yeah it has the last guy from BG that came to fix it AGAIN ! said it really needs changing because it so old but as the landlord has cover with them he just keeps getting it mended .... having to have the heating on full blast atm and trying to get a bath is a nightmare i have to run the water at a trickle cos if i turn the tap on any faster it just runs cold

isnt helped by the fact that i have 4 broken window locks that wont shut properly so heat goes straight out the gap ... and he wont get new locks either .. we have no keys :-(

everytime i ask him he promises to do it and never does !

would they help me then ? its a private landlord ?

im sweating:thumbsup:

Banned

nicki3668;3966059

would they help me then ? its a private landlord ?

as long as the boiler is being serviced yearly there isnt anything they can do, unless of course BG condemn it (very unlikely whilst they getting money to fix it) but it is up to your landlord to keep the house in good condition, windows that wont shut isnt really on, contact CAB and ask for some advice

sassie;3966301

as long as the boiler is being serviced yearly there isnt anything they … as long as the boiler is being serviced yearly there isnt anything they can do, unless of course BG condemn it (very unlikely whilst they getting money to fix it) but it is up to your landlord to keep the house in good condition, windows that wont shut isnt really on, contact CAB and ask for some advice

thanks sassie iv just been on the phone to shelter ... did a google search and they have given me some good advice ... my chimney is also blocked with broken brick work and the landlord left an aspestos roof from my old garage in the front garden which is apparently a health hazzad. So along with all the other problems of which thier are many im gonna try to have ... big tittle coming up lol
    housing health and saftey rating system assesment ! which hopefully will get him to do the repairs

Banned

nicki3668;3966612

thanks sassie iv just been on the phone to shelter ... did a google … thanks sassie iv just been on the phone to shelter ... did a google search and they have given me some good advice ... my chimney is also blocked with broken brick work and the landlord left an aspestos roof from my old garage in the front garden which is apparently a health hazzad. So along with all the other problems of which thier are many im gonna try to have ... big tittle coming up lol housing health and saftey rating system assesment ! which hopefully will get him to do the repairs

Brilliant, i know sometimes its a pain and you feel like your banging your head against a brick wall but keep on and get your landlord to do what he is supposed to, good luck :thumbsup: Wish i was in rented accomodation, i need far more doing :oops:

warm and cosy! walked to school today to find it closed, their heating isn't working. could have been snuggled up in my bed instead of trekking in the cold:x

sassie;3966634

Brilliant, i know sometimes its a pain and you feel like your banging … Brilliant, i know sometimes its a pain and you feel like your banging your head against a brick wall but keep on and get your landlord to do what he is supposed to, good luck Wish i was in rented accomodation, i need far more doing

thanks xxx iv been asking him for 2 years now to unblock the chimney and fix the windows with nada! so i think thats enough time .. gonna have to get it done properly now ..

check out the charmin roof in me garden

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/7618/photo814gw4.jpg
    cute eh? lol
    oh and sorry rappy for hijacking your thread :oops:

Banned

OMG that is disgusting, and i dont think health and safety are going to be too impressed with your landlord when they see that, me thinks you may start getting things done, or thrown out - lol

bluetigermobiles;3965545

Let's hope they dont freeze!! Don't know the temp although after this … Let's hope they dont freeze!! Don't know the temp although after this mornings school run i can't feel my legs!

raptorcigs;3965620

ME NEITHER WOOP:w00t:

What are you like Rappy?

Freezing outside, cold inside. The computer is in a flat roofed extension - coldest part of the house.

-6.5 here got me bum on the radiator lol its all in my mind my oh keeps telling me :x

kids skool also shut due to no heating . . . . .and i was looking forward to a day of peace too!!

nicki3668;3966742

thanks xxx iv been asking him for 2 years now to unblock the chimney and … thanks xxx iv been asking him for 2 years now to unblock the chimney and fix the windows with nada! so i think thats enough time .. gonna have to get it done properly now .. check out the charmin roof in me garden cute eh? lol oh and sorry rappy for hijacking your thread :oops:

Eeek, that's not good. If he's not arsed about taking that sort of junk out of your garden, it's time to be submitting your two-month's notice, I think. Might give him a bit of a kick if nothing else.

nicki3668;3966742

thanks xxx iv been asking him for 2 years now to unblock the chimney and … thanks xxx iv been asking him for 2 years now to unblock the chimney and fix the windows with nada! so i think thats enough time .. gonna have to get it done properly now .. check out the charmin roof in me garden cute eh? lol

That needs dealing with by professionals nicki. It's probably not the lethal blue asbestos but nonetheless it looks very much like asbestos and really shouldn't be lying around like that.

If I were you I'd contact the local H&S department at the council and explain your concern. If you leave it to him to get rid of it will probably find its way to the local beauty spot. :x

You could probably do it anonymously with a bit of thought if you're afraid of retaliation.

raptorcigs;3965479

MORNIN BEAUTIFUL LOULOO

thanks matey! sorry i didnt reply-went to brave the cold. You were in the best place-still cant feel me fingers:roll:

thank you sass hotto dxx and rappy for your help i do appreciate it ... iv been here almost 16 years now and its slightly awkward cos he was my ex husbands friend thats how we first rented the house through him but in all the years iv lived here he has never carried out the repairs that need doing apart from the kitchen ( which was so bad i even had a gapping hole in the floor) lol which he finally did a year ago and knocked the deralict
    the place is in a dreadful state of repair but as he is kinda a family friend so i find it hard to make him do anything ... he always agrees and talks of all the improvements he is gonna make (like a new bathroom cos mine its out the arc lol but never does them

i would move but im not really well enough and dont think i could cope with moving out after almost 16 years ... and my kids dont want to move either so i want something done but dont want to anoy him into chucking me and my kids out

being a single mum i think id die of a panic attack at the thought of finding somewhere new to live lool :oops:

anyway thats enough of my life story

before you all curl up and fall akip lol

will let ya know if i get any joy out of the lazy useless ....... bleeeep ! lol

nikkib123;3967836

Thats cos you're hot stuff :-D

thanks very much:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      2. What is there free to do in your town?37
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278966
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions