28 Comments

That is shocking.... and with blackpool your basically paying to stand around in the q's all day!!

they're 'avin a laff, it's a nice day out, but it's no Alton Towers

Tickets anyone?

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/34463.jpg

Yeah and now you have pay £5 each just to get in

If you have young kids the wristbands are a waste of money, just buy the tickets when you get inside

fireheaven;5035272

As in just to walk around??? I ask simply because my Jaws just hit the floor!!!!

aaron14danni;5035285

As in just to walk around??? I ask simply because my Jaws just hit the … As in just to walk around??? I ask simply because my Jaws just hit the floor!!!!

Yep :x

Btw "jaws"! how many have you got lol

Blackpool not doing itself any favours here then. No wonder its going downhill!:whistling:

I work for eddie stobart so get 20% staff discount, I don't know why, I just do

But in the small print it says I must show proof that I'm an employee... if I ever go, do I have to wear my work uniform? :lol:

ctuk;5035444

I work for eddie stobart so get 20% staff discount, I don't know why, I … I work for eddie stobart so get 20% staff discount, I don't know why, I just do :)But in the small print it says I must show proof that I'm an employee... if I ever go, do I have to wear my work uniform? :lol:

Nah you have to park your lorry on the prom :w00t:

no discount for the extortionate parking :-(

ctuk;5035467

no discount for the extortionate parking :-(

ohh damn it - that would have been quite entertaining to see

Banned

i wouldnt bother
i live in blackpool and the pleasure beach just sucks asmuch as the rest of the town

Maxitaxi;5036788

i wouldnt botheri live in blackpool and the pleasure beach just sucks … i wouldnt botheri live in blackpool and the pleasure beach just sucks asmuch as the rest of the town

Nice to see some pride in the place you live. :-D

Shame people don't show pride in the places they live any more. It's the kind of mentality that leads to thinks like the ]Yates'/Pet Shop blaze.

By the way... the locals and also the council do generally know that the new pricing at BPB is over the top. None more-so than the Blackpool Gazette who have already ran the following stories:

* ]Admission charge shock for Blackpool Pleasure Beach
* ]Fury Over Pleasure Beach Charge
* ]Pleasure Beach to Charge £20 Entrance Fee
* ]19,000 Call for End to Pleasure Beach Charge
* ]Final Push to Stop Pleasure Beach Charge
* ]Petition Presented to Blackpool Pleasure Beach
* ...]and more...

I'd suggest that anyone "shocked" by these new prices should ]write an email or letter to Blackpool's local rag. They're generally always up for running another story like "Tourists Shocked at Pleasure Beach Prices"...

we usually go there and walk on the beach and the kids go no a couple of rides but not if there's a charge to get in. Alton towers any day.

duckmagicuk2;5037096

Nice to see some pride in the place you live. :-D Shame people don't show … Nice to see some pride in the place you live. :-D Shame people don't show pride in the places they live any more. It's the kind of mentality that leads to thinks like the ]Yates'/Pet Shop blaze.

Why should he show pride? The front is a smelly dirty dump over ran by stag and hen partys. There are so many nicer places to visit in the UK.

Goonieman;5037501

over ran by stag and hen partys

OK, I agree with this bit... :-D

its a dump

Scarborough has always been classier

myaser88;5037545

its a dumpScarborough has always been classier

Meh, Blackpool was "invented" in Victorian times for the working class from the mills throughout the north west. It never really was supposed to be "classy". It's supposed to be "fun". If you don't come away from Blackpool coated in a thin geasy film, sunburnt and with a few stuffed toys you've won in the arcades then you've not made the most of it. :giggle:

There's a heck of a lot of attractions in Blackpool. Some may be pricey, but they're only pricey because people will pay that amount...

* The Pleasure Beach is probably second only to Alton Towers.
* There's THREE piers (all with a different "feel" - one for young people, one for families, one for people who just want to relax).
* Blackpool Tower (which still houses one of the best circuses I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot).
* Blackpool Zoo (OK, it's not as great as Chester Zoo, but hey...).
* Louis Tussauds Waxworks (cheaper than London, and quite good fun).
* Thousands of arcades (if you like that sort of thing).
* A park with a lake where you can hire boats.
* A model village (I've never been to one anywhere else?).
* The SeaLife Centre.
* Blackpool's 120 year old tramway.
* Sandcastle Waterworld (LOTS of waterslides!!).
* Blackpool Illuminations: The world's BIGGEST light display (several miles long).
* Fireworks Championships (a free firework display every week for 5 weeks!).

I reckon that there's probably more to "do" in Blackpool than any other seaside resort.

fireheaven;5035272

balls to that, now instead of playing on the arcades and holding bags, glasses wallets etc when everyone else is on the rides my scaredy cat ass will be mulling about either outside or the pub.

What's Southend - on - Sea like?

My parents have nothing but praise for Blackpool.

I can tell you Margate quite a dump,and I went to Brighton a couple years ago for a couple days,and apart from a few hours in Sealife Centre,there wasn't much for my kids to do. The childrens rides on pier,they shut as they like if it's not busy,and they weren't upto much what they did have as we went back the next day. Shopping was okay,good for vegetarians but disappointing for kids overall,I don't think I bother to take them there again myself,but think it's ok for adults.

I still cant believe they now CHARGE you just to get in!!! It was free last year

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5038512

What's Southend - on - Sea like?My parents have nothing but praise for … What's Southend - on - Sea like?My parents have nothing but praise for Blackpool.I can tell you Margate quite a dump,and I went to Brighton a couple years ago for a couple days,and apart from a few hours in Sealife Centre,there wasn't much for my kids to do. The childrens rides on pier,they shut as they like if it's not busy,and they weren't upto much what they did have as we went back the next day. Shopping was okay,good for vegetarians but disappointing for kids overall,I don't think I bother to take them there again myself,but think it's ok for adults.

Southend is nice - went a few months ago. Some arcades - not a lot to do though really. Has a nice pleasure island place though

bargainhunter2009;5038536

Southend is nice - went a few months ago. Some arcades - not a lot to do … Southend is nice - went a few months ago. Some arcades - not a lot to do though really. Has a nice pleasure island place though

It would be 1 of my nearest seaside towns to get to and we've never been before.Have considered going there and staying in a Travelodge if on saver/sale rate. Yeh I've seen that before,have looked on a few websites in past.
I suppose sometimes adults can be dissapointed but children don't seem to mind aslong as they out.

bargainhunter2009;5038527

I still cant believe they now CHARGE you just to get in!!! It was free … I still cant believe they now CHARGE you just to get in!!! It was free last year

As far as I know, they're one of the last theme parks that had free entry to non-riders... To be honest, I can see why they've done it - stops any local scallies intent on causing trouble from hanging around in the vacinity...

Maybe they'll reverse it when they realise it's unpopular. Hopefully.

Banned

dont get me wrong i used to think blackpool was great but since the place has been overrun with pubs it just full of drunks and smells of stale beer for 4 nights of the week, all the shops have closed down

if they ever reinvent blackpool again im sure the pride will return

ps the zoo will always rule
and theres a new crazy golf center net to the sealife centre thats actually not over priced!!! i think its like £3.50 for adults and £2.50 for kids

duckmagicuk2;5038827

As far as I know, they're one of the last theme parks that had free entry … As far as I know, they're one of the last theme parks that had free entry to non-riders... To be honest, I can see why they've done it - stops any local scallies intent on causing trouble from hanging around in the vacinity...Maybe they'll reverse it when they realise it's unpopular. Hopefully.

all the theme parks that charge have free rides once in, lets face it its the final nail in the $h!t hole coffin, i used to love blackpool but was put off by seeing hyperdermic needles on the beach, better off going to camelot when it opens on 23rd may using bogof tickets ]camelot 2 for 1

do tesco do clubcard deals on it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions