Groups

6 Comments

Unless your system's been freezing or crashing from overheating, the Intel standard cooler should be fine for it. Intel's Core2Duo chips run fairly cool anyway, so you don't need much of a heatsink on it.

dxx;5275764

Unless your system's been freezing or crashing from overheating, the … Unless your system's been freezing or crashing from overheating, the Intel standard cooler should be fine for it. Intel's Core2Duo chips run fairly cool anyway, so you don't need much of a heatsink on it.

Im on E8400 with stock cooler, and its running fine

Banned

What temperatures do Intels run at then?

lumoruk;5276029

What temperatures do Intels run at then?

Not especially hot. I never saw my E8400 getting beyond the 40s, and its heatsink never felt anything more than mild to the touch. I know the E8400's a 45nm chip and the E6750's a 65nm chip so they;re not exactly the same, but both are cool and efficient.

dxx;5276917

Not especially hot. I never saw my E8400 getting beyond the 40s, and its … Not especially hot. I never saw my E8400 getting beyond the 40s, and its heatsink never felt anything more than mild to the touch. I know the E8400's a 45nm chip and the E6750's a 65nm chip so they;re not exactly the same, but both are cool and efficient.

Right now mines at 45 degrees so not bad considering its been on for the past 6 hours or so

Are you planning to overclock - or are you after quietness? Best bet is to state your ideal budget for the cooler, also consider the case arrangement (is there adequate case cooling and room for a beefier cooler?). Also well worth getting a good paste (Arctic Silver 5 etc).

As said though, for stock speeds the boxed cooler should be more than adequate and pretty quiet to boot
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News99
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?33199
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1722
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?812

See more discussions