Found 9th Jul 2009

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

awww Rappy x x x

how long did you have it?

Hey Rappy at least you managed to rescue your important stuff.:friends:
Your day can only get better now:-D I hope you get a full refund.

Banned

raptorcigs;5703722

NO THE DEATHSTAR :B

oh dear :roll:

raptorcigs;5703874

1 WEEK

jeez that's no good, hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

kaits;5703697

Hey Rappy at least you managed to rescue your important … Hey Rappy at least you managed to rescue your important stuff.:friends:Your day can only get better now:-D I hope you get a full refund.

+1
couldn't put it better myself.

My hubby is always backing up my stuff somewhere or other just in case of lightning strikes, rubbish products, whatever.

Google did a big study not too long back, and found that some drives just fail, and there are occasionally bad batches but that no brand was statistically less reliable than others. This tends to agree with the fact that most IT type people have a specific brand of hard drives they'll never use again, but it's different for everyone.

I got all my photos on my back up hard drive and DVD - "just in case"

Banned

Why is it Aria's fault?

lol back up back up back up

How did you recover the files from a dead HDD out of interest? Useful info ^_^

raptorcigs;5706000

its not realy dead its just corrupt chkdsk every time i start the pc all … its not realy dead its just corrupt chkdsk every time i start the pc all the files start to copy then fail i got my photos from the previouse drives to this(they were frormated aswell)so it was like this drive adrive bto drive crap used recover my files on drive a and b

Oh ok, not the end of the world then Just wondering, was going to be very impressed if you recovered from a totally dead/unrecognisable disk :thumbsup:

I've seen all brands of hard drive fail so unless the series is having a particularly bad run I just buy whatever drive is suitable. I always ensure my irreplaceable data (mainly pictures) is duplicated to at least one other drive, usually two - I've seen too many people with a failed drive who have lost all their data and never backed up, sadly that's the time when people understand the importance of backing up.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?810
    2. Android pay set up610
    3. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    4. Christmas presents510

See more discussions