Groups

15 Comments

yes rap - u with hsbc

might go for premier account - get free green flag - worldwide insurance - etcetc

oh - so its not just hsbc then - visa - the financial equivalent of tesco

[COLOR="Purple"]taking over the world[/COLOR] - no longer the leaning tower of pisa

https://www.healthylivingnt.org.au/images_site/visa.gif

I opened a current account with A&L about 2 years ago and that's always been Visa debit, lol.

Didn't know it was a new thing.

ChipSticks;6183479

I opened a current account with A&L about 2 years ago and that's always … I opened a current account with A&L about 2 years ago and that's always been Visa debit, lol.Didn't know it was a new thing.

Its not but a couple of the big banks that used to give our maestro are now moving to Visa

hmm.. had the same account for maybe 15 yrs... always been a visa debit attached to it xx

The reason they are moving away from Maestro is that it is not that much recognized out side of the UK and most people cater for Visa.

Banned

whats with the caps?

Banned

raptorcigs;6183759

caqps off n gloves off come outside:x

grow up much?

"VISA DEBIT HERE, WHY DO THEY CHANGE ?"

They were to small a cage to house the raptorcigs.

wolftan;6183562

The reason they are moving away from Maestro is that it is not that much … The reason they are moving away from Maestro is that it is not that much recognized out side of the UK and most people cater for Visa.

+1
    Visa is accepted pretty much everywhere in the world. Maestro isn't.

Banned

wolftan;6183562

The reason they are moving away from Maestro is that it is not that much … The reason they are moving away from Maestro is that it is not that much recognized out side of the UK and most people cater for Visa.

Babbabooey;6183858

+1Visa is accepted pretty much everywhere in the world. Maestro isn't.

i disagree its provided by mastercard and is worldwide accepted

used to be switch.....

RBS group started issuing them this year and all banks associated with them will be changed to visa debit by 2011

casparwhite;6186022

i disagree its provided by mastercard and is worldwide acceptedused to be … i disagree its provided by mastercard and is worldwide acceptedused to be switch

Steve Willey, of comparison site … Steve Willey, of comparison site ][COLOR=#234b7b]moneysupermarket.com[/COLOR], explains: “Visa Debit is more widely accepted worldwide than Maestro and HSBC has moved as part of a wider agreement that covers other countries.”Visa is accepted by more websites than Maestro - especially those with a foreign url, that is, those that are based abroad. Visa is also accepted in more shops, holes in the wall and bars and restaurants across the globe.James Thorpe of HSBC confirmed the wider network: “The migration is good news for all 10 million HSBC and First Direct current accounts customers as the benefits of Visa are superior to Maestro. Visa is accepted in considerably more locations around the world, Maestro has a good network in Europe, but in Asia, Africa and North America is comparatively weak compared to Visa.”

blogs.telegraph.co.uk/fin…um/

Banned

Titchimp;6186068

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/emmawall/8596857/Visa_vs_Maestro_the_card_conundrum/

like i said i disagree with the comments as i use this card in australia and around se asia with no problems regulary:thumbsup:

casparwhite;6186109

like i said i disagree with the comments as i use this card in australia … like i said i disagree with the comments as i use this card in australia and around se asia with no problems regulary:thumbsup:

Sure but that is a select area of the world.

Banned

Titchimp;6186158

Sure but that is a select area of the world.

the comments were saying it isnt worldwide accepted......it is!

even your little statement says it is weak in some areas not what was stated which i replied to

so i fail to see the point you are trying to make to me:thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553746
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1838
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7041336
      4. Apples new update58

See more discussions